Determinantes de la Adopción Voluntaria del Seguro de Cesantía
[Determinants of Voluntary Adoptions of Unemployment Insurance]
The aim of this paper is to present evidence of the main factors that influence the voluntary decision of the assurance of unemployment in Chile. To carry out this purpose, a model Logit Binomial was estimated using information of the Survey of Socioeconomic Characterization (CASEN) 2003. The results support some theoretical arguments that influence this type of decisions. The individuals who present smaller probability of taking an insurance are workers with an educational low level and without formal training, individuals in advanced age, individuals with fewer family responsibilities, with a major seniority, individuals who can generate another type of income, workers who receive a major level of social assistance, workers who belong to the micro and small enterprise and those that work in Transport and Communications and Commercial Sector. These results are interesting, because the persons that have some of these characteristics could confront larger unemployment risk. In this context, it is necessary the intervention of the authority across incentives or forcing to the people to take insurance in order that the more vulnerable persons adopt this mechanism for social protection.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Parsons, Donald O. & Tranæs, Torben & Lilleør, Helene Bie, 2015.
"Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranaes & Helene Bie Lilleør, 2003. "Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 1010, CESifo Group Munich.
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranæs & Helene Bie Lilleør, 1999. "Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance," EPRU Working Paper Series 03-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Jun 2003.
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranaes & Helene Bie Lilleør, 2015. "Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 5181, CESifo Group Munich.
- Juana Paola BUSTAMANTE IZQUIERDO, 2006. "Factores que inciden en la cobertura del sistema pensional en Colombia," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 002711, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Solange Berstein & Carmen Contreras & Evelyn Benvin, 2008. "Valoración del Seguro de Cesantía en Chile: Simulación de Beneficios con Datos Individuales," Working Papers 27, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Dec 2008.
- Eric M. Engen & Jonathan Gruber, 1995. "Unemployment Insurance and Precautionary Saving," NBER Working Papers 5252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:7693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.