The determinants of self-medication: Evidence from urban Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hoai, Nguyen Trong & Dang, Thang, 2016. "The Determinants of self-medication: evidence from urban Vietnam," MPRA Paper 75358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fwu‐Ranq Chang & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2003. "Economics of self‐medication: theory and evidence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(9), pages 721-739, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dang, Thang, 2017. "The Multiple Effects of Child Health Insurance in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 78614, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dang, Thang, 2017. "Does the More Educated Utilize More Health Care Services? Evidence from Vietnam Using a Regression Discontinuity Design," MPRA Paper 77641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thang Dang, 2018. "Do the more educated utilize more health care services? Evidence from Vietnam using a regression discontinuity design," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 277-299, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- ILes, Richard, 2017. "Government Doctor Absenteeism And Its Effects On Consumer Demand In Rural North India," Working Papers 2018-9, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, revised 12 2018.
- Indunil De Silva & Sudarno Sumarto, 2015.
"Dynamics Of Growth, Poverty And Human Capital: Evidence From Indonesian Sub-National Data,"
Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 1-33, June.
- de Silva, Indunil & Sumarto, Sudarno, 2014. "Dynamics of Growth, Poverty and Human Capital: Evidence from Indonesian Sub-National Data," MPRA Paper 65328, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Nov 2014.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Ametefee K. Normanyo, 2016. "Gold mining pollution and the cost of private healthcare: The case of Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 121, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pagan, Jose A. & Ross, Sara & Yau, Jeffrey & Polsky, Daniel, 2006. "Self-medication and health insurance coverage in Mexico," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 170-177, January.
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Luke B Connelly, 2017.
"Cost-sharing in health insurance and its impact in a developing country: evidence from a quasi-natural experiment,"
Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series
WP1702, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Nguyen, Ha & Connelly, Luke B., 2017. "Cost-sharing in health insurance and its impact in a developing country– Evidence from a quasi-natural experiment," MPRA Paper 76399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohammed, 2018. "Self Medication- A Serious Threat to Society," Lupine Online Journal Of Nursing & Health Care, Lupine Publishers, LLC, vol. 1(1), pages 23-25, March.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
- Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Paying Out-of-Pocket for Health Care in Asia: Catastrophic and Poverty Impact," Working Papers id:823, eSocialSciences.
- Midori Matsushima & Hiroyuki Yamada, 2013. "Public Health Insurance in Vietnam towards Universal Coverage: Identifying the challenges, issues, and problems in its design and organizational practices," OSIPP Discussion Paper 13E003, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- repec:asi:ajoerj:2013:p:738-751 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alice Sanwald & Engelbert Theurl, 2017. "Out-of-pocket expenditures for pharmaceuticals: lessons from the Austrian household budget survey," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(4), pages 435-447, May.
- Richard A. Iles, 2019. "Government doctor absenteeism and its effects on consumer demand in rural north India," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4), pages 475-491, April.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2012. "Empirical Models of Health Care Use," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 14, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Faden, Laura & Vialle-Valentin, Catherine & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Wagner, Anita, 2011. "Active pharmaceutical management strategies of health insurance systems to improve cost-effective use of medicines in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review of current evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 134-143.
- Ahmed, Syed Masud & Petzold, Max & Kabir, Zarina Nahar & Tomson, Göran, 2006. "Targeted intervention for the ultra poor in rural Bangladesh: Does it make any difference in their health-seeking behaviour?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 2899-2911, December.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan‐Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184, November.
- Sumarto, Sudarno & De Silva, Indunil, 2014. "Being Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise: Dynamics of Indonesian Subnational Growth and Poverty," MPRA Paper 57824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pablo Gottret & George J. Schieber & Hugh R. Waters, 2008. "Good Practices in Health Financing : Lessons from Reforms in Low and Middle-Income Countries," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 6442, December.
- Edgeworth, Ross & Collins, Andrew E., 2006. "Self-care as a response to diarrhoea in rural Bangladesh: Empowered choice or enforced adoption?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(10), pages 2686-2697, November.
- Sepehri, Ardeshir & Sarma, Sisira & Oguzoglu, Umut, 2011. "Does the financial protection of health insurance vary across providers? Vietnam's experience," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 559-567, August.
- Frikkie Booysen & Martine Visser, 2010. "Health Facility Choice In Hiv‐ And Aids‐Affected Households In Two South African Communities," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(1), pages 89-106, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHo Chi Minh City; self-medication; Vietnam;
All these keywords.
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2017-02-12 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2017-02-12 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2017-02-12 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:76643. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.