Neoclassical Economics as a Method of Scientific Research Program : A review of existing literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra Silva, 2009.
"On evolutionary technological change and economic growth: Lakatos as a starting point for appraisal,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 111-135, February.
- Sandra Silva, 2004. "On evolutionary technological change and economic growth: Lakatos as a starting point for appraisal," FEP Working Papers 139, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Hausman, Daniel M, 1989. "Economic Methodology in a Nutshell," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 115-127, Spring.
- Boland, Lawrence A, 1979. "A Critique of Friedman's Critics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 503-522, June.
- Hands,D. Wade, 2001. "Reflection without Rules," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521797962, June.
- Michal Brzezinski & Michal Dzielinski, 2009. "Is endogenous growth theory degenerating? Another look at Lakatosian appraisal of growth theories," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 243-263.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arne HEISE, 2020.
"Comparing economic theories or: pluralism in economics and the need for a comparative approach to scientific research programmes,"
The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 162-184, November.
- Heise, Arne, 2020. "Comparing economic theories or: Pluralism in economics and the need for a comparative approach to scientific research programmes," Discussion Papers 78, University of Hamburg, Centre for Economic and Sociological Studies (CESS/ZÖSS).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yalcintas, Altug, 2013. "The Oomph in economic philosophy: a bibliometric analysis of the main trends, from the 1960s to the present," MPRA Paper 44191, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2015.
"Wissenschaftlicher Fortschritt in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften: Einige Bemerkungen,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 135(2), pages 209-248.
- Gebhard KirchgÃ¤ssner, 2011. "Wissenschaftlicher Fortschritt in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften: Einige Bemerkungen," CREMA Working Paper Series 2011-09, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2011. "Wissenschaftlicher Fortschritt in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften: Einige Bemerkungen," Economics Working Paper Series 1116, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008.
"La recherche en finance d’entreprise:quel positionnement méthodologique ?,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(Special), pages 237-290, June.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008. "La recherche en finance d'entreprise : quel positionnement méthodologique ?," Post-Print halshs-00338091, HAL.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008. "La recherche en finance d’entreprise:quel positionnement méthodologique?," Working Papers CREGO 1080501, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Paul Pfleiderer, 2014. "Camaleones: el mal uso de modelos teóricos en finanzas y economía," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 16(31), pages 23-30, July-Dece.
- Wilfred Dolfsma, 2001.
"Economists as subjects: Toward a psychology of economists,"
Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 77-88, March.
- Wilfred Dolfsma, 2001. "Economists as subjects: Toward a psychology of economists," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 77-88, January.
- Ole Røgeberg & Morten Nordberg, 2005. "A defence of absurd theories in economics," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 543-562.
- Mjøset, Lars, 2006. "The study of Nordic varieties of capitalism: A plea for contextual generalization through comparative specification," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 8(1), pages 4-11.
- Simon Mohun, 1999. "Markets, Money and Ideology," Working Papers 402, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen, 2019.
"Values of Economists Matter in the Art and Science of Economics,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(3), pages 472-499, August.
- van Dalen, Harry, 2019. "Values of economists matter in the art and science of economics," Other publications TiSEM eb9877cc-e840-4625-bcee-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van Dalen, Harry, 2019. "Do the Values of Economists Matter in the Art and Science of Economics?," Other publications TiSEM bda08972-cae2-4c5b-be28-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van Dalen, Harry, 2019. "Do the Values of Economists Matter in the Art and Science of Economics?," Discussion Paper 2019-004, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sidney G. Winter, 2016. "Pursuing the Evolutionary Agenda in Economics and Management Research," LEM Papers Series 2016/22, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- McDonald, John, 2009. "Using least squares and tobit in second stage DEA efficiency analyses," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 792-798, September.
- Yefimov, Vladimir, 2014. "Constructivisme social, évolution de la profession d’économiste, et projet pour sa réforme radicale [Social constructivism, Evolution of the economics profession, and design for its radical reform]," MPRA Paper 54594, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Escañuela Romana, Ignacio, 2016. "Azar, Determinismo e Indecidibilidad en la Teoría del Ciclo Económico [Randomness, Determinism and Undecidability in the Business Cycle Theory]," MPRA Paper 72978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashok Chakravarti, 2012. "Institutions, Economic Performance and the Visible Hand," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14751.
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 2008. "The Market for Lemmas: Evidence That Complex Models Rarely Operate in Our World," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(1), pages 78-90, January.
- Vladiir Yefimov, 2015. "Two Disputes Of Methods, Three Constructivisms, And Three Liberalisms. Part I," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 29-38.
- Slavica Manic, PhD, 2014. "Has Economics Lost Its Own Identity?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(9), pages 1190-1200, September.
- Thomas Grebel, 2011. "Innovation and Health," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14375.
- Floris Heukelom, 2011. "Behavioral Economics," Chapters, in: John B. Davis & D. Wade Hands (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Recent Economic Methodology, chapter 2, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sheila C. Dow, 2014. "The role of belief in the debate over austerity policies," Working Papers PKWP1409, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
More about this item
KeywordsScientific Research Program; Neo-Classical Economics; evolution of theory; Research Methodology; Research methods.;
All these keywords.
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2016-12-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2016-12-11 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2016-12-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:75341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.