Do Poverty Reduction Strategies Help Achieve The Millennium Development Goals?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Verner, Dorte, 2005. "What factors influence world literacy? is Africa different?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3496, The World Bank.
- Dostie, Benoit & Jayaraman, Rajshri, 2006. "Determinants of School Enrollment in Indian Villages," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 405-421, January.
- Marianne Fay & Danny Leipziger & Quentin Wodon & Tito Yepes, 2003. "Achieving the Millennium Development Goals : The role of infrastructure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3163, The World Bank.
- James, M.J., 2006. "Misguided investments in meeting millennium development goals : A reconsideration using ends-based targets," Other publications TiSEM 87f3c659-57da-4611-a6d3-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Swallow, Brent, 2005. "Potential for Poverty Reduction Strategies to Address Community Priorities: Case Study of Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 301-321, February.
- Geske Dijkstra, 2005. "The PRSP Approach and the Illusion of Improved Aid Effectiveness: Lessons from Bolivia, Honduras and Nicaragua," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 23(4), pages 443-464, July.
- Lucia Hanmer & Robert Lensink & Howard White, 2003. "Infant and child mortality in developing countries: Analysing the data for Robust determinants," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 101-118.
- Craig, David & Porter, Doug, 2003. "Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers: A New Convergence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-69, January.
- John Roberts, 2005. "Millennium development goals: are international targets now more credible?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 113-129.
- David J Teece, 2003. "Introduction," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 1, pages 1-8 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- David Booth, 2003. "Introduction and Overview," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(2), pages 131-159, March.
- Clemens, Michael A. & Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J., 2007.
"The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 735-751, May.
- Michael A. Clemens & Charles J. Kenny & Todd J. Moss, 2004. "The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success," Working Papers 40, Center for Global Development.
- Michael Clemens & Charles Kenny & Todd Moss, 2004. "The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success," Development and Comp Systems 0405011, EconWPA.
- C. Henry, 2005. "The end of poverty: How we can make it happen in our lifetime," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 61-68, December.
- Bichaka Fayissa, 2001. "The determinants of infant and child mortality in developing countries: The case of Sub-Sahara Africa," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 83-98, December.
- Gauri, Varun & Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2002.
"Immunization in Developing Countries: Its Political and Organizational Determinants,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2109-2132, December.
- Gauri, Varun & Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2002. "Immunization in developing countries : its political and organizational determinants," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2769, The World Bank.
- Alderman, Harold & King, Elizabeth M., 1998. "Gender differences in parental investment in education," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 453-468, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meg Elkins & Simon Feeny & David Prentice, 2015. "Do Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers reduce poverty and improve well-being?," Discussion Papers 15/02, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment Policies; Millenium Development Goals;
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-02-09 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2008-02-09 (Economics of Happiness)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:7030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .