Bertrand-Edgeworth games under triopoly: the equilibrium strategies when the payoffs of the two smallest firms are proportional to their capacities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carl Davidson & Raymond Deneckere, 1986. "Long-Run Competition in Capacity, Short-Run Competition in Price, and the Cournot Model," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 404-415, Autumn.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond J. Deneckere, 1996. "Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly with unit cost asymmetry (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(1), pages 1-25.
- Massimo A. De Francesco & Neri Salvadori, 2013.
"Bertrand-Edgeworth Competition in an Almost Symmetric Oligopoly,"
Studies in Microeconomics,
, vol. 1(2), pages 213-219, December.
- De Francesco, Massimo A. & Salvadori, Neri, 2010. "Bertrand-Edgeworth competition in an almost symmetric oligopoly," MPRA Paper 24228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Levitan, Richard & Shubik, Martin, 1972. "Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 111-122, February.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan, 1995. "Horizontal mergers of price-setting firms with sunk capacity costs," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 245-256.
- Vives, Xavier, 1986. "Rationing rules and Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibria in large markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 113-116.
- Boccard, Nicolas & Wauthy, Xavier, 2000.
"Bertrand competition and Cournot outcomes: further results,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 279-285, September.
- BOCCARD , Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2000. "Bertrand competition and Cournot outcomes: futher results," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1474, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, I: Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 1-26.
- Raymond J. Deneckere & Dan Kovenock, 1992. "Price Leadership," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 143-162.
- Partha Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, II: Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 27-41.
- Simon Loertscher, 2005. "Market making oligopoly," Diskussionsschriften dp0512, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Osborne, Martin J. & Pitchik, Carolyn, 1986.
"Price competition in a capacity-constrained duopoly,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 238-260, April.
- Osborne, Martin J. & Pitchik, Carolyn, 1983. "Price Competition in a Capacity-Constrained Duopoly," Working Papers 83-08, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- De Francesco, Massimo A. & Salvadori, Neri, 2008.
"Bertrand-Edgeworth games under oligopoly with a complete characterization for the triopoly,"
10767, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Sep 2008.
- De Francesco, Massimo A. & Salvadori, Neri, 2008. "Bertrand-Edgeworth games under oligopoly with a complete characterization for the triopoly," MPRA Paper 8634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deneckere, Raymond J & Kovenock, Dan & Lee, Robert, 1992.
"A Model of Price Leadership Based on Consumer Loyalty,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 147-156, June.
- Deneckere, R. & Kovenock, D. & Lee, R.E., 1988. "A Model of Price Leadership Based on Consumer Loyalty," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 947, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Hirata, Daisuke, 2008. "Bertrand-Edgeworth Equilibrium in Oligopoly," MPRA Paper 7946, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davidson, Carl & Deneckere, Raymond, 1984. "Horizontal mergers and collusive behavior," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 117-132, June.
- De Francesco, Massimo A. & Salvadori, Neri, 2015. "Bertrand-Edgeworth games under triopoly: the payoffs," MPRA Paper 64638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simon Loertscher, 2008. "Market Making Oligopoly," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 263-289, June.
- Hirata Daisuke, 2009. "Asymmetric Bertrand-Edgeworth Oligopoly and Mergers," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, July.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
More about this item
KeywordsBertrand-Edgeworth; Price game; Oligopoly; Triopoly; Mixed strategy equilibrium;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2016-03-23 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2016-03-23 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2016-03-23 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-IND-2016-03-23 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2016-03-23 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:69999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.