Ranking authors and institutions by publications in regional science journals: 2010-2014
In this paper, authors and institutions are ranked based on the number of publications in ten core regional science journals during the period 2010-2014. Alternative rankings are constructed by considering only publications in the top four of the ten journals and also by adjusting for journal impact factors. Two impact factors are calculated for each journal based first on citations by the other nine core regional science journals and then by all journals in the database Scopus. Discussion is included regarding the patterns and consistency of the rankings across alternative criteria. Comparisons also are made to previous regional science publication rankings of authors and institutions.
|Date of creation:||14 Jul 2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gunther Maier, 2007. "What do we think are the most important journals for regional science?," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(1), pages 5-34.
- Partridge, Mark D., 2006. "We're Right, They're Wrong, Regional Science Is Where It's At," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(1), pages 1-14.
- Yolanda Kodrzycki & Pingkang David Yu, 2005. "New approaches to ranking economics journals," Working Papers 05-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Therese C. Grijalva & Clifford Nowell, 2008. "A Guide to Graduate Study in Economics: Ranking Economics Departments by Fields of Expertise," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 971-996, April.
- Durden, Garey C. & Knox, Hugh W., 2000. "The Southern Regional Science Association and The Review of Regional Studies: History and Characteristics," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 30(1), pages 93-114, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:65593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.