Приватизация И Рациональная Структура Собственности. Часть 2. Рационализация Структуры Собственности
[Privatization and the rational ownership structure. Part 2: rationalization of the ownership structure]
In the first part of the paper, it was shown that decisions on privatization have to be considered in the context of more general problem of finding a rational property structure in an economy. The second part demonstrates that public enterprises fulfill a number of special functions which are particularly important for developing resource abundant countries. Particularly, they can play a role of the modernization agents which initiate large scale projects in the frameworks of public-private partnerships. A concept of stationary property structure is introduced. A set of stationary structures exists under given conditions; the ”volume” of the set depends on transformation costs of privatization. This explains path-dependence of the observed structures. Some principles of the governance of the property structure are suggested which are supported by the analysis of the Norway experience. The causes of the cyclicity of the privatization policies are discussed, and the reasons of the coming mass privatization in Russia are analyzed. Recommendations are formulated to increase the efficiency of the Russian state sector governance.
|Date of creation:||20 Jan 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Actual Problems of Economics 1.60(2013): pp. 7-24|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polterovich, Victor, 1995. "Towards the Theory of Privatization," MPRA Paper 20151, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno Biais & Enrico Perotti, 2002. "Machiavellian Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 240-258, March.
- Chang, Roberto & Hevia, Constantino & Loayza, Norman, 2009.
"Privatization and nationalization cycles,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5029, The World Bank.
- Roberto Chang & Constantino Hevia & Norman Loayza, 2015. "Privatization and Nationalization Cycles," Working Papers 2015-47, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Roberto Chang & Constantino Hevia & Norman Loayza, 2010. "Privatization and Nationalization Cycles," NBER Working Papers 16126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & Paolo Pinotti, 2003. "The Political Economy of Privatization," Working Papers 2003.45, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:64168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.