Income Distribution Policy In The Netherlands: A Paradigm Shift
This paper investigates which different views have occurred on the main lines of the Dutch incomes policy. To this end the implications of the incomes policies pursued by different cabinets have been analyzed, mainly since 1973. It appears that distributive policies are heavily influenced by a paradigm shift. In the 1970s, the Dutch government replaced its keynesian oriented economic policy making with a neoclassical framework. As a result, the government not only moved from an interventionist approach in the 1970s to a restrained attitude in the 1980s and 1990s, but also altered the institutional framework of its distributive policies by abolishing a number of policy instruments that had been created to influence the size distribution of incomes.
|Date of creation:||Jul 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in International Journal of Public Administration 7.22(1999): pp. 1115-1136|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert H. Topel, 1997. "Factor Proportions and Relative Wages: The Supply-Side Determinants of Wage Inequality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 55-74, Spring.
- Ferguson, C E & Nell, Edward J, 1972. "Two Books on the Theory of Income Distribution: A Review Article," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 437-53, June.
- v an der Hoek, M., 1988. "An Incomes Policy for the Professions: the Dutch Experience," MPRA Paper 6120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Champernowne, D G, 1974. "A Comparison of Measures of Inequality of Income Distribution," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(336), pages 787-816, December.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5663457 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5884. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.