Riesgo Agropecuario: Incidencia Económica e Innovaciones para su mitigación. El caso de Argentina
[Agricultural Risk Managment: Economic Incidence and Mitigation Innovations. The Case of Argentina]
The aim of this paper is to summarise a variety of dimensions of agricultural risk in Argentina and to propose different lines of research related to an integrated risk management framework at the macro and micro levels. First, we analyse the incidence of the primary sector in the Argentinean economy, to have one first dimension of the exposure to external shocks. Then, we present some major risks that affect small agricultural producers at a micro level. Finally, we introduce some financial innovations that reduce climate and price risk exposure, such as weather derivatives and index-based insurances.
|Date of creation:||03 Jun 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helyette Geman & M. Leonardi, 2005. "Alternative Approaches to Weather Derivatives Pricing," Post-Print halshs-00144304, HAL.
- Olivier Mahul & Charles J. Stutley, 2010. "Government Support to Agricultural Insurance : Challenges and Options for Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2432.
- Peter Alaton & Boualem Djehiche & David Stillberger, 2002. "On modelling and pricing weather derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20.
- Geman, Hélyette & Leonardi, Marie-Pascale, 2005. "Alternative Approaches to Weather Derivatives Pricing," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1386, Paris Dauphine University.
- Makaudze, Ephias M. & Miranda, Mario J., 2009. "Catastrophic Drought Insurance based on the Remotely Sensed Normalized Difference Vegetation Index for Smallholder Farmers in Zimbabwe," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96183, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.