Can Analysts Predict Rallies Better Than Crashes?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 2006.
"Estimation of copula-based semiparametric time series models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 307-335, February.
- Xiaohong Chen & Yanqin Fan, 2002. "Estimation of Copula-Based Semiparametric Time Series Models," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0226, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Oct 2004.
- Yanqin Fan & Xiaohong Chen, 2004. "Estimation of Copula-Based Semiparametric Time Series Models," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 559, Econometric Society.
- Womack, Kent L, 1996. "Do Brokerage Analysts' Recommendations Have Investment Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 137-167, March.
- Leo Michelis & Cathy Ning, 2010. "The dependence structure between the Canadian stock market and the USD/CAD exchange rate: a copula approach," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 1016-1039, August.
- Brad M. Barber & Reuven Lehavy & Brett Trueman, 2010. "Ratings Changes, Ratings Levels, and the Predictive Value of Analysts’ Recommendations," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 533-553, June.
- Green, T. Clifton, 2006. "The Value of Client Access to Analyst Recommendations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Kim, Woojin, 2006. "Value of analyst recommendations: International evidence," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 274-309, August.
- Ning, Cathy & Wirjanto, Tony S., 2009.
"Extreme return-volume dependence in East-Asian stock markets: A copula approach,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 202-209, December.
- Cathy Ning & Tony S. Wirjanto, 2008. "Extreme Return-Volume Dependence in East-Asian Stock Markets: A Copula Approach," Working Papers 08009, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, May.
- Boni, Leslie & Womack, Kent L., 2006. "Analysts, Industries, and Price Momentum," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 85-109, March.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Joonghyuk Kim & Susan D. Krische & Charles M. C. Lee, 2004. "Analyzing the Analysts: When Do Recommendations Add Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1083-1124, June.
- Brad Barber & Reuven Lehavy & Maureen McNichols & Brett Trueman, 2001. "Can Investors Profit from the Prophets? Security Analyst Recommendations and Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 531-563, April.
- Ivkovic, Zoran & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 2004. "The timing and value of forecast and recommendation revisions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 433-463, September.
- Ser-Huang Poon, 2004. "Extreme Value Dependence in Financial Markets: Diagnostics, Models, and Financial Implications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 581-610.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roger, Tristan, 2017. "Reporting errors in the I/B/E/S earnings forecast database: J. Doe vs. J. Doe," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 170-176.
- I. Medovikov S. & И. Медовиков С., 2019. "Могут ли фондовые аналитики предсказать рыночный риск? Новые сведения из теории копулы // Can Stock Analysts Predict Market Risk? New Evidence from Copula Theory," Финансы: теория и практика/Finance: Theory and Practice // Finance: Theory and Practice, ФГОБУВО Финансовый университет при Правительстве Российской Федерации // Financial University under The Government of Russian Federation, vol. 23(1), pages 38-48.
More about this item
KeywordsAnalyst recommendations; copulas; non-linear dependence;
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55942. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.