Segmentation of the labor market in Algeria and the determination of wages in agriculture, formal and informal sector
While anchored in the logic of empirical validation of the theory of segmented labor market, this study propose to go beyond the structure of the labor market based on the formal and informal divide, to the use of a structure based on Institutional Differentials associated with the hold job protection and Regardless formal or informal workplace. The approach in this context raises a quite relevant problematic in linking the issue of segmentation of labor market to that of validation of the theory of human capital. To do this, we used the data available from micro 'consumption and income "Among Households survey Conducted by the National Office for Statistics in 2000 (Algeria).
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Date of revision:||Nov 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-12, March.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1976.
"Unemployment Effects of Minimum Wages,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages S87-104, August.
- William T. Dickens & Kevin Lang, 1984.
"A Test of Dual Labor Market Theory,"
NBER Working Papers
1314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Hammouda, Nacer-Eddine, 2006.
"Secteur et emploi informels en Algérie : définitions, mesures et méthodes d’estimation
[Informal sector and employment in Ageria : definition, measure and estimation methods]," MPRA Paper 58733, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Magnac, Th, 1991. "Segmented or Competitive Labor Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 165-87, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51818. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.