Ending the myth of the St Petersburg paradox
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Bodo Vogt, 2009.
"On the empirical relevance of st. petersburg lotteries,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 214-220.
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Bodo Vogt, 2008. "On the Empirical Relevance of St.Petersburg Lotteries," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2008-05, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, revised Jan 2009.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- Tibor Neugebauer & John Hey & Carmen Pasca, 2010. "Georges-Louis Leclerc de Buffon’s‘Essays on Moral Arithmetic’," LSF Research Working Paper Series 10-06, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral Limit Theorem; deductive logic; inductive logic; Law of Large Numbers; simulation of games; economic paradoxes; St Petersburg game; St Petersburg Paradox;
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2013-10-18 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2013-10-18 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2013-10-18 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .