Simulation of Aggregate Demand Impacts on the Sectoral Value Added in the Iranian Economy
The purpose of this study is to measure the impact of final demand aggregates on the sectoral value added in the Iranian economy by employing input-output analysis and econometric modelling. This paper presents a model in which the sectoral value added for major aggregate sectors is linked with final demand deliveries. The policy implications of this study highlight the outcome of a sustained percentage shock in each component of aggregate demand, other components remaining unchanged, on the growth of the sectoral value added in four counterfactual simulation experiments. These policy implications can provide insights for decision makers and planners in Iran.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Publication status:||Published in Australasian Journal of Regional Studies 3.2(1997): pp. 177-200|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sapir, Andre, 1976.
"A note on input-output analysis and macroeconometric models,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 377-383, December.
- André Sapir, 1976. "A note on input-output analysis and macro-econometric models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8298, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Jere R. Behrman & James Hanson, 1979. "Short-Term Macroeconomic Policy in Latin America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number behr79-1.
- Rogelio Montemayor Seguy & Ramirez, 1975. "The Use of Input-Output Analysis in an Econometric Model of the Mexican Economy," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 4, number 4, pages 531-552 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Bodkin & Lawrence R. Klein & Kanta Marwah, 1991. "A History of Macroeconometric Model-Building," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 51.
- Preston, Ross S, 1975. "The Wharton Long Term Model: Input-Output within the Context of a Macro Forecasting Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(1), pages 3-19, February.
- Pesaran, H., 1995. "Planning and Macroeconomic Stabilization in Iran," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9508, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.