Simulation of Aggregate Demand Impacts on the Sectoral Value Added in the Iranian Economy
The purpose of this study is to measure the impact of final demand aggregates on the sectoral value added in the Iranian economy by employing input-output analysis and econometric modelling. This paper presents a model in which the sectoral value added for major aggregate sectors is linked with final demand deliveries. The policy implications of this study highlight the outcome of a sustained percentage shock in each component of aggregate demand, other components remaining unchanged, on the growth of the sectoral value added in four counterfactual simulation experiments. These policy implications can provide insights for decision makers and planners in Iran.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Australasian Journal of Regional Studies 3.2(1997): pp. 177-200|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 1995.
"Planning and Macroeconomic Stabilization in Iran,"
9502, Economic Research Forum, revised Jan 1995.
- Rogelio Montemayor Seguy & Ramirez, 1975. "The Use of Input-Output Analysis in an Econometric Model of the Mexican Economy," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 4, number 4, pages 531-552 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jere R. Behrman & James Hanson, 1979. "Short-Term Macroeconomic Policy in Latin America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number behr79-1, August.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- André Sapir, 1976.
"A note on input-output analysis and macro-econometric models,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/8298, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sapir, Andre, 1976. "A note on input-output analysis and macroeconometric models," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 377-383, December.
- Preston, Ross S, 1975. "The Wharton Long Term Model: Input-Output within the Context of a Macro Forecasting Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(1), pages 3-19, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.