Instituciones fiscales, prestamistas y desarrollo local: Un análisis de la deuda de los municipios de Jalisco
[Fiscal institutions, lenders and local development: An analysis of the debt of the municipalities in Jalisco]
This study examines the debts of the municipalities of the Mexican state of Jalisco from an institutional and economic perspective. We find that fiscal institutions and institutional processes are often incomplete and inadequate. We also find that: 1) The municipalities that borrow the most are the most developed ones; 2) most municipalities borrow debt from development banks; 3) the most developed municipalities borrow from commercial banks; and 4) underdeveloped municipalities borrow debt rapidly in spite of having little access to commercial banks. The study uses annual panel-data of the 125 municipalities of Jalisco for the period 2005-2012.
|Date of creation:||27 Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo Hausmann & Alberto Alesina & Rudolf Hommes & Ernesto H. Stein, 1998.
"Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4160, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alesina, Alberto & Hausmann, Ricardo & Hommes, Rudolf & Stein, Ernesto, 1999. "Budget institutions and fiscal performance in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 253-273, August.
- Alberto Alesina & Ricardo Hausmann & Rudolf Hommes & Ernesto Stein, 1996. "Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Latin America," NBER Working Papers 5586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stein, Ernesto & Hommes, Rudolf & Hausmann, Ricardo & Alesina, Alberto, 1999. "Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Latin America," Scholarly Articles 4553021, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ruiz-Porras, Antonio, 2010.
"Globalización, ciclos económicos y crisis global, 2007-2010
[Globalization, business cycles and global crisis, 2007-2010]," MPRA Paper 23183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
- Patrick Bolton & Xavier Freixas, 2000. "Equity, Bonds, and Bank Debt: Capital Structure and Financial Market Equilibrium under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 324-351, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47875. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.