Euro Zone Debt Crisis: Implications for Indian Banking Sector
Abstract The Euro zone debt crisis has indeed jeopardized the recovery plans put in place post global crisis by regulators, policy makers and the sovereigns. Though, the crisis is epicentered in the Eurozone, the knock-on effects of the crisis are felt all across the globe. The emerging and developing economies (EDEs) are also expected to post lower growth on account of worsening external environment and a weakening internal demand. This paper while presenting the contemporary literature on the topic, analyses the causes for sovereign debt crisis and presents the implications of sovereign debt crises and draws lessons for banking sectors more particularly in the context of emerging markets like that of India.
|Date of creation:||15 Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aitor Erce, 2008. "A structural model of sovereign debt issuance: assessing the role of financial factors," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0809, Banco de Espa�a.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2011.
"Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
16899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 59(2), pages 162-194, June.
- Bolton, Patrick & Jeanne, Olivier, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 8358, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003.
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(1), pages 1-74.
- Gelos, Gaston & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2004.
"Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4476, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010.
"From Financial Crash to Debt Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
15795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak & Minsoo Lee & Donghyun Park, 2012. "Developing countries' financial vulnerability to the euro crisis: An event study of equity and bond markets," NBER Working Papers 18028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ulrich Volz, 2013.
"Lessons of the European crisis for regional monetary and financial integration in East Asia,"
Asia Europe Journal,
Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 355-376, December.
- Ulrich Volz, 2012. "Lessons of the European Crisis for Regional Monetary and Financial Integration in East Asia," Finance Working Papers 23189, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Volz, Ulrich, 2012. "Lessons of the European Crisis for Regional Monetary and Financial Integration in East Asia," ADBI Working Papers 347, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Mackowiak, Bartosz, 2006. "Fiscal imbalances and the dynamics of currency crises," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1317-1338, July.
- Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M., 1984. "Collapsing exchange-rate regimes : Some linear examples," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 1-13, August.
- Philip R. Lane, 2006. "The Real Effects of European Monetary Union," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 47-66, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.