Strukturelle Hemmnisse für den Ausbau der Kindertagesbetreuung in Deutschland
[Structural impediments to the enlargement and improvement of early childhood education and care services in Germany]
In the recent years, the quantitative enlargement and qualitative improvement of early childhood education and care (ECEC) services have had a rather sluggish progress in Germany. On the basis of economic theories, we investigate the structure of the ECEC financing system and its incentives for the market participants. In particular, we address the recent political issue on the improvement of staff education and advanced training. We show that the present structure of financing ECEC together with the structures of the labor markets for qualified staff lack incentives to improve the quantity and the quality of ECEC services. The program for the enhancement of ECEC services recently published by the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth tackles these problems only insufficiently.
|Date of creation:||06 Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:||28 Mar 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Doyle, Orla & Harmon, Colm P. & Heckman, James J. & Tremblay, Richard E., 2009. "Investing in early human development: Timing and economic efficiency," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-6, March.
- Laura-Christin Diekmann & Dominik Enste & Nicola Hülskamp, 2008. "Kita-Gutscheine: Für eine verbesserte Betreuung und Bildung," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 88(10), pages 666-671, October.
- Egbert Henrik & Hildenbrand Andreas, 2012. "Der Coupon-Handelsansatz als Modell für eine subjektbezogene Finanzierung der Kinderbetreuung / The Coupon Trading Approach as a Model for a Subject-based Financing System of Early Childhood Education," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(2), pages 116-128, April.
- James J. Heckman & Dimitriy V. Masterov, 2007.
"The Productivity Argument for Investing in Young Children ,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 446-493.
- Heckman, James J. & Masterov, Dimitriy V., 2007. "The Productivity Argument for Investing in Young Children," IZA Discussion Papers 2725, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James J. Heckman & Dimitriy V. Masterov, 2007. "The Productivity Argument for Investing in Young Children," NBER Working Papers 13016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.