Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes
[A proposed methodology for defining relevant geographic markets]
El punto de partida de cualquier análisis de competencia, consiste en la definición adecuada del mercado tanto en términos de producto como en términos geográficos. Sin embargo, la definición de los límites no siempre resulta sencilla, en particular cuando se refiere a términos espaciales. No obstante, la definición de esos límites del mercado es definitiva para prever la incidencia de cualquier actividad u operación sobre el grado de competencia de un mercado. Por esta razón, el presente documento busca proponer una metodología alterna de definición de mercados geográficos relevantes, retomando el índice Moran y el modelo de rezago espacial (SAR en inglés). The starting point of every competition analysis consists of the appropriate market definition in terms of product as well as in geographic form. However, the definition of boundaries is not always easy, particularly when it refers to spatial limits. Nonetheless, the definition of those market boundaries is definitive to foresee the effects of some activity or operation (as enterprises merger) on the degree of competition in the market. Hence, the present document proposes an alternative methodology to define relevant geographic markets, using Moran’s Test and Spatial Lag Model (SAR).
|Date of creation:||28 Dec 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Sean Holly, 2011.
"Structural interactions in spatial panels,"
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 69-94, February.
- Bhattacharjee, Arnab & Holly, Sean, 2009. "Structural Interactions in Spatial Panels," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-39, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Bhattacharjee, A. & Holly, S., 2010. "Structural Interactions in Spatial Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1004, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Sean Holly, 2010. "Structural Interactions in Spatial Panels," CDMA Working Paper Series 201003, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Stigler, George J & Sherwin, Robert A, 1985. "The Extent of the Market," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-585, October.
- George J. Stigler & Robert A. Sherwin, 1983. "The Extent of the Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 31, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Mack, Elizabeth A. & Grubesic, Tony H., 2009. "Forecasting broadband provision," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 297-311, November.
- Schroeder, Ted C., 1997. "Fed Cattle Spatial Transactions Price Relationships," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(02), pages 347-362, December.
- Schroeder, Ted C., 1997. "Fed Cattle Spatial Transactions Price Relationships," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(02), December.
- Lee Mobley & H. E. Frech & Luc Anselin, 2009. "Spatial Interaction, Spatial Multipliers and Hospital Competition," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17.
- Mobley, Lee R & Frech, Ted E & Anselin, Luc, 2008. "Spatial Interaction, Spatial Multipliers, and Hospital Competition," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4m8862hd, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Mario Forni, 2004. "Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 441-464.
- Forni, Mario, 2002. "Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3236, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret E. Slade & Craig Brett, 2002. "Spatial Price Competition: A Semiparametric Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1111-1153, May.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Davies, Ronald B. & Waddell, Glen R. & Naughton, Helen T., 2007. "FDI in space: Spatial autoregressive relationships in foreign direct investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1303-1325, July.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Ronald B. Davies & Glen R. Waddell & Helen T. Naughton, 2004. "FDI in Space: Spatial Autoregressive Relationships in Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 10939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coro Chasco & Julie Le Gallo, 2012. "Hierarchy and spatial autocorrelation effects in hedonic models," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1474-1480.
- Liv Osland, 2010. "An Application of Spatial Econometrics in Relation to Hedonic House Price Modelling," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(3), pages 289-320.
- Maria Abreu & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2004. "Spatial Patterns of Technology Diffusion: An Empirical Analysis using TFP," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-079/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Maria Abreu & Henride Groot & Raymond Florax, 2004. "Spatial Patterns of Technology Diffusion: An Empirical Analysis Using TFP," ERSA conference papers ersa04p425, European Regional Science Association.
- Claudio R. Lucinda & Arthur Barrionuevo Filho, 2006. "Using Spatial Covariance Function For Antitrust Market Delineation," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 125, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Chen, Xiaoheng & Conley, Timothy G., 2001. "A new semiparametric spatial model for panel time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 59-83, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.