Spatial Interaction, Spatial Multipliers, and Hospital Competition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lee Mobley & H. E. Frech & Luc Anselin, 2009. "Spatial Interaction, Spatial Multipliers and Hospital Competition," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B., 2000.
"Antitrust and competition in health care markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 27, pages 1405-1487
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, "undated". "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E29, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 1999. "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 7112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaynor, Martin & Town, Robert J., 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011. "Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J Town, 2012. "Competition in Health Care Markets," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 12/282, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Saavedra, Luz A., 2001.
"Do Local Governments Engage in Strategic Property-Tax Competition?,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 54(2), pages 203-230, June.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Luz A. Saavedra, 2000. "Do Local Governments Engage in Strategic Property-Tax Competition?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0357, Econometric Society.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Cory S. Capps & David Dranove & Shane Greenstein & Mark Satterthwaite, 2001. "The Silent Majority Fallacy of the Elzinga-Hogarty Criteria: A Critique and New Approach to Analyzing Hospital Mergers," NBER Working Papers 8216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1982. "On identifying the degree of competitiveness from industry price and output data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 93-99.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
- David Dranove & Mark Shanley & Carol Simon, 1992. "Is Hospital Competition Wasteful?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 247-262, Summer.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark, 1990. "A note on the relational aspects of hospital market definitions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 473-478, February.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1998. "Testing for Strategic Interaction Among Local Governments: The Case of Growth Controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 438-467, November.
- Case, Anne, 1992. "Neighborhood influence and technological change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 491-508, September.
- Saavedra, Luz Amparo, 2000. "A Model of Welfare Competition with Evidence from AFDC," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 248-279, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Santos, Rita & Siciliani, Luigi, 2014. "Does a hospital's quality depend on the quality of other hospitals? A spatial econometrics approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 203-216.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:117-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Longo & Luigi Siciliani & Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos, 2017. "Do hospitals respond to rivalsâ€™ quality and efficiency? a spatial econometrics approach," Working Papers 144cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani, 2013. "Does a hospitals quality depend on the quality of other hospitals? A spatial econometrics approach to investigating hospital quality competition," Working Papers 082cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Dennis Sánchez-Navarro, 2012.
"Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes,"
ESTUDIOS ECONÓMICOS SIC
010492, SUPERINTENDENCIA DE INDUSTRIA Y COMERCIO.
- Sánchez Navarro, Dennis, 2012.
"Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes
[A proposed methodology for defining relevant geographic markets]," MPRA Paper 44498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sánchez Navarro, Dennis, 2012. "Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes
- H. Frech & Christopher Whaley & Benjamin Handel & Liora Bowers & Carol Simon & Richard Scheffler, 2015. "Market Power, Transactions Costs, and the Entry of Accountable Care Organizations in Health Care," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 47(2), pages 167-193, September.
- Dieter Pennerstorfer, 2014. "Price and Quality Competition in Spatial Markets. The Case of Camping Sites," WIFO Working Papers 466, WIFO.
- Mark Burkey, 2012. "Decomposing geographic accessibility into component parts: methods and an application to hospitals," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(3), pages 783-800, June.
- Lisi, D.; Moscone, F.; Tosetti, E.; Vinciotti, V.;, 2017. "Hospital interdependence in a competitive institutional environment: Evidence from Italy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Iwata, Shinichiro & Sumita, Kazuto & Fujisawa, Mieko, 2012. "Price competition in the spatial real estate market: Allies or rivals?," MPRA Paper 37438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alderighi, Marco & Baudino, Marco, 2015. "The pricing behavior of Italian gas stations: Some evidence from the Cuneo retail fuel market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 33-46.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani & Rosalind Goudie, 2012. "Hospital Quality Competition Under Fixed Prices," Working Papers 080cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
Keywordsspatial econometrics; spatial lag model; spatial multiplier; spatial spillovers; hospital antitrust; hospital competition; strategic pricing; Nash bargaining;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsbec:qt4m8862hd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.