Impact of the Euro 2012 on the Pomeranian Region and Its Small and Medium Enterprises in Terms of Competitiveness
In the course of preparations to the 2012 European Football Championship (Euro 2012) many doubts have arisen as to the actual cost-benefit balance affecting the hosting country. The event is accompanied by intense promotion of the agglomeration and the region, especially abroad. In effect, one can anticipate the competitive position of both the region and the businesses operating there to improve. The investigation whether the Euro 2012 will have an impact on the Pomeranian Region was conducted threefold. First, a modified Preuss (2007a) model was used to analyse the regional environment factors, which would contribute to improve competitiveness of the region and its Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). In the second area, the short run increase in business activities were investigated using the field research among the entrepreneurs. The last part of research was focused on the growth willingness of entrepreneurs.
|Date of creation:||18 Feb 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Matheson, 2006.
"Mega-Events: The effect of the world’s biggest sporting events on local, regional, and national economies,"
0610, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Victor Matheson, 2006. "Mega-Events: The effect of the world’s biggest sporting events on local, regional, and national economies," Working Papers 0622, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Victor Matheson, 2009. "Economic Multipliers and Mega-Event Analysis," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 4(1), pages 63-70, February.
- Victor Matheson, 2004. "Economic Multipliers and Mega-Event Analysis," Working Papers 0402, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 343-354.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup," IASE Conference Papers 0406, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Stan du Plessis & Wolfgang Maennig, 2007. "World Cup 2010: South African Economic Perspectives and Perspectives Policy Challenges Informed by the Experience of Germany 2006," Working Papers 004, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.