Indirect Network Effects, Trade Liberalization, and Excess Standardization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Desruelle, Dominique & Gaudet, Gerard & Richelle, Yves, 1996.
"Complementarity, coordination and compatibility: The role of fixed costs in the economics of systems,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-768, October.
- Dominique Desruelle & Gerard Gaudet & Yves Richelle, 1995. "Complementarity, Coordination and Compatibility: The Role of Fixed Costs in the Economics of Systems," Industrial Organization 9508001, EconWPA, revised 14 Aug 1995.
- Gandal, Neil & Shy, Oz, 2001. "Standardization policy and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 363-383, April.
- Toru Kikuchi, 2007. "Network Externalities And Comparative Advantage," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 327-337, October.
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Standardization and variety," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-74.
- Shy,Oz, 2001. "The Economics of Network Industries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805001, March.
- Chien-Fu Chou & Oz Shy, 1991. "Intra-industry Trade and the Variety of Home Products," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(2), pages 405-416, May.
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil, 1992. "Network Effects, Software Provision, and Standardization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Chou, Chien-fu & Shy, Oz, 1996. "Do consumers gain or lose when more people buy the same brand," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 309-330, September.
- Neil Gandal, 2002. "Compatibility, Standardization, and Network Effects: Some Policy Implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 80-91, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsIndirect Network Effects; Trade Liberalization;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2007-08-14 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INT-2007-08-14 (International Trade)
- NEP-NET-2007-08-14 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .