The global financial crisis and indian banks: survival of the fittest?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam, 2012. "The Global Financial Crisis and Indian Banks: Survival of the Fittest?," Working Papers 12/113, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coleman, Nicholas & Feler, Leo, 2014. "Bank Ownership, Lending, and Local Economic Performance During the 2008-2010 Financial Crisis," International Finance Discussion Papers 1099, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chava, Sudheer & Purnanandam, Amiyatosh, 2011.
"The effect of banking crisis on bank-dependent borrowers,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 116-135, January.
- Sudheer Chava & Amiyatosh Purnanandam, 2006. "The effect of a banking crisis on bank-dependent borrowers," Proceedings 1030, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Poonam Gupta & Kalpana Kochhar & Sanjaya Panth, 2015.
"Bank ownership and the effects of financial liberalization: evidence from India,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 109-138, April.
- Poonam Gupta & Kalpana Kochhar & Sanjaya P Panth, 2011. "Bank Ownership and the Effects of Financial Liberalization; Evidence from India," IMF Working Papers 11/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Ivashina, Victoria & Scharfstein, David, 2010. "Bank lending during the financial crisis of 2008," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 319-338, September.
More about this item
KeywordsState-owned banks; banking and financial crises;
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-01-07 (Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2013-01-07 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .