The global financial crisis and indian banks: survival of the fittest?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam, 2012. "The Global Financial Crisis and Indian Banks: Survival of the Fittest?," Working Papers 12/113, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coleman, Nicholas & Feler, Leo, 2014. "Bank Ownership, Lending, and Local Economic Performance During the 2008-2010 Financial Crisis," International Finance Discussion Papers 1099, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chava, Sudheer & Purnanandam, Amiyatosh, 2011.
"The effect of banking crisis on bank-dependent borrowers,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 116-135, January.
- Sudheer Chava & Amiyatosh Purnanandam, 2006. "The effect of a banking crisis on bank-dependent borrowers," Proceedings 1030, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Poonam Gupta & Kalpana Kochhar & Sanjaya Panth, 2015.
"Bank ownership and the effects of financial liberalization: evidence from India,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 109-138, April.
- Poonam Gupta & Kalpana Kochhar & Sanjaya P Panth, 2011. "Bank Ownership and the Effects of Financial Liberalization; Evidence from India," IMF Working Papers 11/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Ivashina, Victoria & Scharfstein, David, 2010. "Bank lending during the financial crisis of 2008," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 319-338, September.
More about this item
KeywordsState-owned banks; banking and financial crises;
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-01-07 (Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2013-01-07 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.