Financial Education: Institutes of Higher Education as delivery channels
The significance of financial education as a transformation agent in the financial inclusion agenda of the nation is undisputed in academic as well as practitioner’s circle. This paper discusses its impact on the financial well being of the people and further highlights the steps taken by various stakeholders to provide financial education with an objective of increasing the understanding of consumers about financial services. Even so, these interventions have got result which is less than desired. Given the gigantic task of providing financial education to a large section of a populous country like India, there is a need for committed participation of each stakeholder and a sustainable action plan in place. Through this paper, the authors argue that engaging institutes of higher education in the financial education drive will be a sustainable and cost effective strategy.
|Date of creation:||28 Nov 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruce Ian Carlin & David T. Robinson, 2012.
"What Does Financial Literacy Training Teach Us?,"
The Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 235-247, July.
- Bruce Ian Carlin & David T. Robinson, 2010. "What Does Financial Literacy Training Teach Us?," NBER Working Papers 16271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Annamaria Lusardi, 2008. "Financial Literacy: An Essential Tool for Informed Consumer Choice?," NFI Working Papers 2008-WP-13, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Annamaria Lusardi, 2008. "Financial Literacy: An Essential Tool for Informed Consumer Choice?," NBER Working Papers 14084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lusardi, Annamaria, 2008. "Financial literacy: An essential tool for informed consumer choice?," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/19, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Shawn Cole & Thomas Sampson & Bilal Zia, 2011. "Prices or Knowledge? What Drives Demand for Financial Services in Emerging Markets?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 1933-1967, December.
- Lewis Mandell, 2006. "Financial Literacy: If It’s So Important, Why Isn’t It Improving?," NFI Policy Briefs 2006-PB-08, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.