New Taxonomies for Limited Dependent Variables Models
We establish a `map' for describing a wide class of Limited Dependent Variables models much used in the econometric literature. The classification system, or language, is an extension of Amemiya's typology for tobit models and is intended to facilitate communication among researchers. The class is defined in relation to distributions of latent variables of an arbitrarily high dimension; the region of support can be divided into an arbitrary number of subsets, and the observation rules in each subset can be any combination of the observed, censored, and missing status. Consistent labeling is suggested at different levels of detail.
|Date of creation:||17 Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wendelin Schnedler, 2005.
"Likelihood Estimation for Censored Random Vectors,"
0417, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2005.
- Li, Phillip, 2010.
"Estimation of Sample Selection Models With Two Selection Mechanisms,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt0h97w9x2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Li, Phillip, 2011. "Estimation of sample selection models with two selection mechanisms," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 1099-1108, February.
- Nelson, Forrest D., 1977. "Censored regression models with unobserved, stochastic censoring thresholds," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-327, November.
- Toomet, Ott & Henningsen, Arne, 2008. "Sample Selection Models in R: Package sampleSelection," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i07).
- Dagenais, Marcel G, 1975. "Application of a Threshold Regression Model to Household Purchases of Automobiles," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 275-285, August.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.