New Taxonomies for Limited Dependent Variables Models
We establish a `map' for describing a wide class of Limited Dependent Variables models much used in the econometric literature. The classification system, or language, is an extension of Amemiya's typology for tobit models and is intended to facilitate communication among researchers. The class is defined in relation to distributions of latent variables of an arbitrarily high dimension; the region of support can be divided into an arbitrary number of subsets, and the observation rules in each subset can be any combination of the observed, censored, and missing status. Consistent labeling is suggested at different levels of detail.
|Date of creation:||17 Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ott Toomet & Arne Henningsen, . "Sample Selection Models in R: Package sampleSelection," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(i07).
- Li, Phillip, 2011.
"Estimation of sample selection models with two selection mechanisms,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 1099-1108, February.
- Li, Phillip, 2010. "Estimation of Sample Selection Models With Two Selection Mechanisms," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt0h97w9x2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Nelson, Forrest D., 1977. "Censored regression models with unobserved, stochastic censoring thresholds," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-327, November.
- Dagenais, Marcel G, 1975. "Application of a Threshold Regression Model to Household Purchases of Automobiles," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 275-85, August.
- Wendelin Schnedler, 2005.
"Likelihood Estimation for Censored Random Vectors,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 195-217.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.