Spatial Allocation of Economy as a Fiber Bundle
This paper considers the approach to specification and modeling of transport influence on spatial allocation of economy, which is essentially new for economics. By applying the concept of fiber bundle, a general model of spatial allocation of market with regard to transport costs is developed. Corresponding mathematical formulation of model equilibrium condition and transition dynamics is stated based on the principle of least action and gauge invariance. Further development of obtained theoretical results within the framework is reviewed.
|Date of creation:||22 Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fujita, Masahisa, 1988. "A monopolistic competition model of spatial agglomeration : Differentiated product approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 87-124, February.
- Paul Krugman, 2011. "The New Economic Geography, Now Middle-aged," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 1-7.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1993.
"Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 341-59, May.
- Anthony J. Venables, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0137, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521577014 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masahisa Fujita & Tomoya Mori, 2005.
"Frontiers of the New Economic Geography,"
KIER Working Papers
604, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- J. Peter Neary, 2000. "Monopolistic competition and international trade theory," Working Papers 200025, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya, 2005.
"Transport Development and the Evolution of Economic Geography,"
IDE Discussion Papers
21, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Masahisa Fujita & Tomoya Mori, 2005. "Transport development and the evolution of economic geography," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 129-156, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40820. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.