La crescita in Italia dopo l’euro: quali riforme?
[Growth in Italy after the euro: which reforms?]
In Italy the rate of growth of GDP has declined over the period 2000-2006, after joining the single currency. The decrease is not incidental, but it has a structural and long-term nature, so this decrease relates to the potential growth. This weakening of growth takes place in an international economic context in which globalization has increased competitive pressures in product markets, capital markets, but also in the labor market. Italy still needs some structural reforms to become a full member in Europe. The present paper examines and discusses some arguments regarding the causes of the low growth of the Italian economy after joining the single currency and focuses on the possible structural reforms affecting the labor market, taxation, the expansion of supply factors with the relative issues concerning the role of the state, privatization and liberalization.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077889 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"State versus Private Ownership,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 133-150, Fall.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "State Versus Private Ownership," NBER Working Papers 6665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "State Versus Private Ownership," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1841, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2006. "L’euro, il patto di stabilità e di crescita e la sua riforma
[The euro, the stability and growth pact and its reform]," MPRA Paper 37333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Eichengreen, Barry, 1996. "Federalism, Fiscal Restraints, and European Monetary Union," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 134-138, May.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2002. "I criteri del Trattato di Maastricht, l’Europa e l’euro: debito pubblico in Italia e crescita
[The criteria of the Maastricht Treaty, Europe and the euro: public debt in Italy and growth]," MPRA Paper 36333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2001. "Occupazione e disoccupazione in Italia e in Europa negli anni novanta
[Employment and unemployment in Italy and Europe in the nineties]," MPRA Paper 36527, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)