Jointly testing linearity and nonstationarity within threshold autoregressions
We develop a test of the joint null hypothesis of linearity and nonstationarity within a threshold autoregressive process of order one with deterministic components. We derive the limiting distribution of a Wald type test statistic and subsequently investigate its local power and nite sample properties. We view our test as a useful diagnostic tool since a non rejection of our null hypothesis would remove the need to explore nonlinearities any further and support a linear autoregression with a unit root.
|Date of creation:||May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Yves Pitarakis, 2008. "Comment on: Threshold Autoregressions With a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(5), pages 1207-1217, 09.
- Mehmet Caner & Bruce E. Hansen, 2001.
"Threshold Autoregression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1555-1596, November.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Tom Doan, . "PPUNIT: RATS procedure to perform Phillips-Perron Unit Root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00160, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-56, July.
- Pitarakis, Jean-Yves, 2011. "Joint Detection of Structural Change and Nonstationarity in Autoregressions," MPRA Paper 29189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.