Social Development Disparities among Districts of Punjab
Cessation of disparities and attainment of balanced development is conceived as the outline policy of every state. Therefore, this paper aims to expose inter-district gaps and disparities of Punjab. Drawing on the multidimensional nature of social development ranging from human development indicators of health, education and social services, this paper comparatively analyze the entire districts of Punjab, and rank them in social development index by using the factor analysis technique on the data set of Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey 2007-08 of Punjab. Inter-district comparison in 18 different domains of health, education, household services and child protection has been done.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A.F. Aisha Ghaus & Hafiz A. Pasha & Rafia Ghaus, 1996. "Social Development Ranking of Districts of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 593-614.
- Amartya Sen, 2002. "Why health equity?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(8), pages 659-666.
- Lorenzo Guarcello & Fabrizia Mealli & Furio Rosati, 2010.
"Household vulnerability and child labor: the effect of shocks, credit rationing, and insurance,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 169-198, January.
- L.Guarcello & F.Mealli & F.Rosati, 2002. "Household Vulnerability and Child Labour: the Effect of Shocks, Credit Rationing and Insurance," UCW Working Paper 3, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Guarcelllo, Lorenzo & Mealli, Fabrizia & Rosati, Furio Camillo, 2003. "Household vulnerability and child labor : the effect of shocks, credit rationing and insurance," Social Protection Discussion Papers 29136, The World Bank.
- Amal Ray, 2008. "Measurement of social development: an international comparison," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 1-46, March.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning, 2004. "The Health and Wealth of Africa," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(2), pages 57-81, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36846. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.