Firm and industry effects on firm profitability: an empirical analysis of KSE
The study meant to explore the external and internal factors which influence firm’s profitability i.e. “Firm and Industry Effects on Firm Profitability”. In this research ROA and ROE has taken as profitability measure and their dependency has checked with firm effect, industry effect and market share. Data has extracted from “Balance Sheet Analysis of Joint Stock Companies Listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange Volume-II 2004-2009” which is state bank of Pakistan publications and it represents six year financial statements of the firms. By using Regression analysis technique result has found which represent that all three independent factor i.e. firm effect, industry effect and market share are significant with ROA and ROE.
|Date of creation:||04 Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1985.
"Do Markets Differ Much?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 341-51, June.
- Caloghirou, Yiannis & Protogerou, Aimilia & Spanos, Yiannis & Papagiannakis, Lefteris, 2004. "Industry-Versus Firm-specific Effects on Performance:: Contrasting SMEs and Large-sized Firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 231-243, April.
- Gabriel Hawawini & Venkat Subramanian & Paul Verdin, 2003. "Is performance driven by industry or firm-specific factors? A new look at the evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14188, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Matthew Holian & Ali Reza, 2011. "Firm and industry effects in accounting versus economic profit data," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 527-529.
- Gabriel Hawawini & Venkat Subramanian & Paul Verdin, 2005. "Is performance driven by industry or firm-specific factors? A response to McNamara, Aime and Vaaler," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14192, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eriksen, Bo & Knudsen, Thorbjorn, 2003. "Industry and firm level interaction: Implications for profitability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 191-199, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.