Optimization over an integer efficient set of a Multiple Objective Linear Fractional Problem
The problem of optimizing a real valued function over an efficient set of the Multiple Objective Linear Fractional Programming problem (MOLFP) is an important field of research and has not received as much attention as did the problem of optimizing a linear function over an efficient set of the Multiple Objective Linear Programming problem (MOLP).In this work an algorithm is developed that optimizes an arbitrary linear function over an integer efficient set of problem (MOLFP) without explicitly having to enumerate all the efficient solutions. The proposed method is based on a simple selection technique that improves the linear objective value at each iteration.A numerical illustration is included to explain the proposed method.
|Date of creation:||10 Feb 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Applied Mathematical Sciences no. 50.Vol. 5(2011): pp. 2451-2466|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chergui, M. E-A & Moulai, M., 2007. "An exact method for a discrete multiobjective linear fractional optimization," MPRA Paper 12097, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Jan 2008.
- Yamada, Syuuji & Tanino, Tetsuzo & Inuiguchi, Masahiro, 2001. "An inner approximation method incorporating a branch and bound procedure for optimization over the weakly efficient set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 267-286, January.
- Jonathan S. H. Kornbluth & Ralph E. Steuer, 1981. "Multiple Objective Linear Fractional Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(9), pages 1024-1039, September.
- Jorge, Jesús M., 2009. "An algorithm for optimizing a linear function over an integer efficient set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 98-103, May.
- Le Thi, Hoai An & Pham, Dinh Tao & Thoai, Nguyen V., 2002. "Combination between global and local methods for solving an optimization problem over the efficient set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 258-270, October.
- Costa, Joao Paulo, 2007. "Computing non-dominated solutions in MOLFP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1464-1475, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.