Election inversions, coalitions and proportional representation: Examples from Danish elections
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kurrild-Klitgaard, Peter & Klemmensen, Robert & Pedersen, Mogens N., 2008.
"Højre, venstre eller midte? Et empirisk perspektiv på partirummet i dansk politik
[Right, left or centre? An empirical perspective on the party space of Danish politics]," MPRA Paper 68812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steven J. Brams & William S. Zwicker & D. Marc Kilgour, 1998. "The paradox of multiple elections," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 15(2), pages 211-236.
- Kurrild-Klitgaard, Peter, 2001.
"An Empirical Example of the Condorcet Paradox of Voting in a Large Electorate,"
Springer, vol. 107(1-2), pages 135-145, April.
- Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard, 2001. "An Empirical Example of the Condorcet Paradox of Voting in a Large Electorate," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 135-145, April.
- Marc Feix & Dominique Lepelley & Vincent Merlin & Jean-Louis Rouet, 2004.
"The probability of conflicts in a U.S. presidential type election,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(2), pages 227-257, January.
- Dominique Lepelley & Vincent Merlin & M. Feix & J.-L. Rouet, 2004. "The Probability of Conflicts in a US Presidential Type Election," Post-Print halshs-00070893, HAL.
- Vincent Merlin & Jean-Lous Rouet & Marc Feix & Dominique Lepelley, 2004. "The Probability of Conflicts in a U.S. Presidential Type Election," Post-Print halshs-00083476, HAL.
- van Deemen, Adrian M A & Vergunst, Noel P, 1998. "Empirical Evidence of Paradoxes of Voting in Dutch Elections," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 97(3), pages 475-490, December.
- Gilbert Laffond & Jean Lainé, 2008. "The Budget-Voting Paradox," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 64(4), pages 447-478, June.
- Benoit, Kenneth, 2000. "Which Electoral Formula Is the Most Proportional? A New Look with New Evidence," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 381-388, July.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Do Danish voters get the government a majority prefer?
by Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard in Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard on 2012-04-10 14:33:00
- Empirical social choice - special issue of "Public Choice"
by Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard in Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard on 2014-02-17 15:15:00
- "Social choice" & demokratiske paradokser
by Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard in Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard on 2015-04-13 14:33:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kurrild-Klitgaard, Peter, 2016. "The cyclical social choice of primary vs. general election candidates: A note on the US 2016 presidential election," MPRA Paper 69171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard, 2014. "Empirical social choice: an introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 297-310, March.
- Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard, 2014.
"Picking a loser? A social choice perspective on the Danish government formation of 1975,"
Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 483-497, March.
- Kurrild-Klitgaard, Peter, 2013. "Picking a loser? A social choice perspective on the Danish government formation of 1975," MPRA Paper 49682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial choice; voting paradoxes; electoral systems; election inversions;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2011-12-19 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2011-12-19 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.