Spending flexibility and safe withdrawal rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Wise, 2005. "Introduction to "Analyses in the Economics of Aging"," NBER Chapters,in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 1-12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Can We Predict the Sustainable Withdrawal Rate for New Retirees?," MPRA Paper 30877, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wade D. Pfau, 2010. "An International Perspective on Safe Withdrawal Rates from Retirement Savings: The Demise of the 4 Percent Rule?," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-12, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, revised Oct 2010.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Safe Savings Rates: A New Approach to Retirement Planning over the Lifecycle," MPRA Paper 28796, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Safe Withdrawal Rates: Have I been barking up the wrong tree?
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2012-01-16 08:36:00
- How Much is Too Much? (Wall Street Journal)
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2011-11-19 22:03:00
- Wall Street Journal: How Much Is Too Much?
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2011-11-19 09:45:00
- Lower Future Returns and Safe Withdrawal Rates
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2012-04-13 07:40:00
- June Advisor Perspectives Column on Retirement Income Floors
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2012-06-19 07:27:00
More about this item
Keywordsretirement planning; utility maximization; retirement spending goals; safe withdrawal rates;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-11-14 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2011-11-14 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .