Can We Predict the Sustainable Withdrawal Rate for New Retirees?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Safe Savings Rates: A New Approach to Retirement Planning over the Lifecycle," MPRA Paper 28796, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Can We Predict the Sustainable Withdrawal Rate for New Retirees?
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2011-05-16 11:58:00
- Can We Predict the Sustainable Withdrawal Rate for New Retirees? Supplemental Materials
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2011-05-10 09:23:00
- Safe Withdrawal Rates and Retirement Date Market Conditions
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2012-04-11 10:42:00
- Lower Future Returns and Safe Withdrawal Rates
by Wade Pfau in Pensions, Retirement Planning, and Economics Blog on 2012-04-13 07:40:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Clare & James Seaton & Peter N. Smith & Stephen Thomas, 2017. "Decumulation, Sequencing Risk and the Safe Withdrawal Rate: Why the 4% Withdrawal Rule leaves Money on the Table," Discussion Papers 17/06, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Withdrawal Rates, Savings Rates, and Valuation-Based Asset Allocation," MPRA Paper 35329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Getting on Track for a Sustainable Retirement: A Reality Check on Savings and Work," MPRA Paper 31900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Retirement Withdrawal Rates and Portfolio Success Rates: What Can the Historical Record Teach Us?," MPRA Paper 31122, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Finke, Michael & Pfau, Wade Donald & Williams, Duncan, 2011. "Spending flexibility and safe withdrawal rates," MPRA Paper 34536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordssafe withdrawal rates; retirement planning; market valuation; price-earnings ratio; dividend yield; stock returns; bond returns;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-05-24 (Economics of Ageing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.