The two-price model revisited. A Minskian-Kaleckian reading of the process of 'financialization'
In Passarella (2011B) a kind of up-grading of Minsky’s economic thought was proposed, in which his ‘financial instability hypothesis’ was inter-bred with inputs from the current heterodox literature. This up-grading was done within a one-good model where capital goods were regarded as a mere portion of firms’ homogeneous output. This simplifying hypothesis did not permit us to include explicitly the ratio of the (demand) price of capital assets to the supply price of capital goods – i.e. the key analytical concept in Minsky’s theory. This paper aims to improve the simplified model provided in Passarella (2011B) by considering explicitly an artificial, pure credit, closed capitalist economy in which production firms are split into two different sectors. The result is a new, although paradoxical, monetary circuit model which allows us to retrieve some of the most disputed results of Minsky’s analysis of economic instability.
|Date of creation:||11 Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rie:review:v:15:y:2010:i:1:n:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ryoo, Soon, 2010.
"Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 163-186, June.
- Soon Ryoo, 2009. "Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2009-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jan Toporowski, 2008. "Minsky's 'induced investment and business cycles'," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 725-737, September.
- Gennaro Zezza, 2004.
"Some Simple, Consistent Models of the Monetary Circuit,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_405, Levy Economics Institute.
- Gennaro Zezza, 2004. "Some Simple, Consistent Models of the Monetary Circuit," Macroeconomics 0405006, EconWPA.
- Lavoie, M. & Seccareccia, M., 1999. "Minsky's Financial Fragility Hypothesis: a Missing Macroeconomic Link?," Working Papers 9904e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1992. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_74, Levy Economics Institute.
- Wynne Goldey & Marc Lavoie, 2007.
"Fiscal policy in a stock-flow consistent (SFC) model,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 30(1), pages 79-100, October.
- Wynne Godley & Marc Lavoie, 2007. "Fiscal Policy in a Stock-Flow Consistent (SFC) Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_494, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000.
"Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_302, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000. "Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model," Macroeconomics 0004049, EconWPA.
- Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Russo, Alberto & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2006.
"Business fluctuations in a credit-network economy,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 68-74.
- Wynne Godley, 1999. "Seven Unsustainable Processes: Medium-Term Prospects and Policies for the United States and the World," Economics Strategic Analysis Archive 99-10, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marco, Passarella, 2011.
"A simplified stock-flow consistent dynamic model of the systemic financial fragility in the 'New Capitalism',"
28499, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Passarella, Marco, 2012. "A simplified stock-flow consistent dynamic model of the systemic financial fragility in the ‘New Capitalism’," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 570-582.
- Claudio H. Dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2008. "A Simplified, 'Benchmark', Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 441-478, 07.
- Godley, Wynne, 1999. "Money and Credit in a Keynesian Model of Income Determination," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 393-411, July.
- cavalieri, duccio, 2003. "On the closure of the monetary circuit," MPRA Paper 43836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco, Passarella, 2011. "Systemic financial fragility and the monetary circuit: a stock-flow consistent approach," MPRA Paper 28498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.