Mergers and Acquisitions: A pre-post analysis for the Indian financial services sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yakov Amihud & Baruch Lev, 1981. "Risk Reduction as a Managerial Motive for Conglomerate Mergers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 605-617, Autumn.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 1983. "Horizontal mergers, collusion, and stockholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 241-273, April.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ekta Selarka, 2008. "Impact of M&A on firm performance in India: Implications for concentration of ownership and insider entrenchment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp907, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mahesh Kumar Tambi, 2005. "Impact Of Mergers And Amalgamation On The Performance Of Indian Companies," Finance 0506007, EconWPA.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & McNutt, Jamie John & Tehranian, Hassan, 2006. "Performance Changes around Bank Mergers: Revenue Enhancements versus Cost Reductions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(4), pages 1013-1050, June.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Marco Ottaviani, 2007.
"Bank Mergers and Diversification: Implications for Competition Policy,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(3), pages 578-590.
- Banal-Estanol, A. & Ottaviani, M., 2006. "Bank mergers and diversification: implications for competition policy," Working Papers 06/11, Department of Economics, City University London.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Han Bao, 2017. "Evaluation of Pre and Post Demerger-Merger Performance: Using ABN AMRO Bank as an Example," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(2), pages 196-204, February.
- Abbas, Qamar & Hunjra, Ahmed Imran & Azam, Rauf I & Ijaz, Muhammad Shahzad & Zahid, Maliha, 2014. "Financial performance of banks in Pakistan after Merger and Acquisition," MPRA Paper 60790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMergers & Acquisitions; Financial Services Sector; liquidity;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.