The path of a scholar
“The path of a scholar” is the introduction to Production, Distribution and Trade: Alternative Perspectives, a volume of essays in honour of Sergio Parrinello (edited by Adriano Birolo, Duncan Foley, Heinz Kurz, Bertram Schefold and Ian Steedman, published by Routledge, 2010). The author traces out the scientific career of Sergio Parrinello in context of the italian market for economists of the sixties and seventies of the twentieth century and critically discusses his most significant works, specially those have resulted as seminal contributions for the later development of the neo-Ricardian theory. This discussion inevitably evolves in a tentative appraisal of the meaning of the neo-Ricardian theory in the recent history of political economy.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 407-436.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2008.
"Sraffa's mathematical economics: a constructive interpretation,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 325-342.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2007. "Sraffa's Mathematical Economics - A Constructive Interpretation," Department of Economics Working Papers 0702, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1983. "The Classical Theory of Wages and the Role of Demand Schedules in the Determination of Relative Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 309-13, May.
- Mario Pomini, 2009. "A Note On Metroeconomica: Shackle'S Contribution," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 229-244, 05.
- Maria Cristina Marcuzzo & Annalisa Rosselli, 2002. "Economics as History of Economics: The Italian Case in Retrospect," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 34(5), pages 98-109, Supplemen.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.