An Analysis of the Mobile Payment Problem in Europe
Mobile payment is crucial for, but not limited to mobile commerce. But a role as an established payment system still seems to be a distant prospect for it. In this paper we examine the basic conditions to mobile payment with special regard to the European market. Based on this, we analyze the current deadlock on the mobile payment market in order to develop a set of requirements to an integrative solution in the form of a Universal Mobile Payment System (UMPS). Finally, applications and constrictions of the results are shown and an outlook on the future of mobile payment is given.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Standardized Payment Procedures as Key Enabling Factor for Mobile Commerce," MPRA Paper 2910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khodawandi, Darius & Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2003.
"Akzeptanz mobiler Bezahlverfahren in Deutschland
[Acceptance of Mobile Payment Procedures in Germany]," MPRA Paper 3606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Characteristics of Mobile Payment Procedures," MPRA Paper 3786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key, 2003. "Conditions for acceptance and usage of mobile payment procedures," MPRA Paper 2912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Selk, Bernhard & Turowski, Klaus, 2002.
"Akzeptanzkriterien für mobile Bezahlverfahren
[Acceptance criterias for mobile payment procedures]," MPRA Paper 3785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2915. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.