La pobreza y las clases: Dinámicas y estrategias en Bolivia
[Poverty and class: Dynamics and strategies in Bolivia]
Income distribution among social classes, a preferred topic by the classical economists, has not often been frequented by later scholars. Some recent studies show a new interest, and a generalized increase in income concentration in favor of the capitalist class, particularly in Latin America. This study uses a multisectoral dynamic simulation model to analize the effects of poverty reduction strategies on the different social classes. The model describes in detail the size income distribution by sector, and transforms it in a sectorial class distribution of incomes. A strategy includes two instruments: investment policy, and income distribution policy, influencing respectively output structure and personal income distribution. The study shows the effects on the different social classes of strategies aiming to achieve the Millennium objective of halving extreme poverty by 2015.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997.
- Jeffrey Round, 2003. "Constructing SAMs for Development Policy Analysis: Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 161-183.
- David De Ferranti & Guillermo E. Perry & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Michael Walton, 2004. "Inequality in Latin America : Breaking with History?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15009.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias, 2013.
"Class structure and economic inequality,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(6), pages 1381-1406.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias, 2007. "Class Structure and Economic Inequality," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_487, Levy Economics Institute.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Piketty, Thomas (ed.), 2007. "Top Incomes Over the Twentieth Century: A Contrast Between Continental European and English-Speaking Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199286881. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.