An Analysis of the Strenghts and Weaknesses of the Turkish Real Estate Market
Real estate is one of the foremost and traditional investments for Turkish household. In addition to this traditional demand, it has also observed that Turkish real estate market becomes one of the popular investment destination for foreign investors. 2003-2007 period would be accepted as the boom period for Turkish economy in general and real estate sector in specific. Although there are considerable opportunities in the market, both Turkish economy and real estate sector suffer important structural problems. Hence, the objective assesment for the Turkish real estate market requires a costbenefit analysis. In this paper, the author is attempting to reach an objective approach presenting both strong and also weak sides of market. The critical point is current deficiencies of the market may result negative impacts on further development. As a solution, we suggest that Real Estate Regulation and Supervision Agency should be established as a new government agency. To our view, primary expectation of this agency is to issue regulations/standards for real estate brokerage/ marketing/appraisal,and also housing finance to enhance consumer protection, public interest and market efficiency.
|Date of creation:||26 Jun 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ferda HALICIOGLU, 2005.
"The Demand For New Housing In Turkey: An Application Of Ardl Model,"
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2007. "The demand for new housing in Turkey: an application of ARDL model," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 62-74.
- Sukru Binay & Ferhan Salman, 2007. "A Critique on Turkish Real Estate Market," Working Papers 2008/8, Turkish Economic Association.
- Zeynep Onder, 2000. "High inflation and returns on residential real estate: evidence from Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 917-931.
- Ali Askin Culha, 2006. "A Structural VAR Analysis of the Determinants of Capital Flows Into Turkey," Working Papers 0605, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Ali Askin Culha, 2006. "A Structural VAR Analysis of the Determinants of Capital Flows into Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 6(2), pages 11-35.
- Isil Erol & Dogan Tirtiroglu, 2008. "The inflation-hedging properties of Turkish REITs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(20), pages 2671-2696.
- Coskun, Yener, 2010. "Global Financial Crisis and Mortgage Finance and Valuation Problems: An Assesment of the US and Turkish Mortgage Systems," MPRA Paper 35301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.