Two main problems have been emerging in supply chain management: the increasing pressure to reduce working capital and the growing variety of products. Most of the popular indicators have been developed based on a controlled environment. A new indicator is now proposed, based on the uncertainty of the demand, the flexibility of the supply chains, the evolution of the products lifecycle and the fulfillment of a required service level. The model to support the indicator will be developed within the real options approach.
|Date of creation:||08 Jun 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in 17th international annual euroma conference. Book of abstracts Managing Operations in Service Economies (2010): pp. 72-72|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mukhopadhyay, Samar K. & Ma, Huafan, 2009. "Joint procurement and production decisions in remanufacturing under quality and demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 5-17, July.
- Stephen C. Graves & Sean P. Willems, 2000. "Optimizing Strategic Safety Stock Placement in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 68-83, June.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Ryu, Seung-Jin & Tsukishima, Takahiro & Onari, Hisashi, 2009. "A study on evaluation of demand information-sharing methods in supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 162-175, July.
- Graman, Gregory A., 2010. "A partial-postponement decision cost model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(1), pages 34-44, February.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986.
"Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm,"
1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lusa, Amaia & Corominas, Albert & Muñoz, Norberto, 2008. "A multistage scenario optimisation procedure to plan annualised working hours under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 957-968, June.
- Hemmelmayr, Vera & Doerner, Karl F. & Hartl, Richard F. & Savelsbergh, Martin W.P., 2010. "Vendor managed inventory for environments with stochastic product usage," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 686-695, May.
- Handfield, Robert & Warsing, Don & Wu, Xinmin, 2009. "(Q,r) Inventory policies in a fuzzy uncertain supply chain environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 609-619, September.
- Matuyama, Keisuke & Sumita, Tomofumi & Wakayama, Daiki, 2009. "Periodic forecast and feedback to maintain target inventory level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 298-304, March.
- Borgonovo, E. & Peccati, L., 2007. "Global sensitivity analysis in inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1-2), pages 302-313, July.
- Sodhi, ManMohan S. & Tang, Christopher S., 2009. "Modeling supply-chain planning under demand uncertainty using stochastic programming: A survey motivated by asset-liability management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 728-738, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.