Capital depreciation and waste accumulation in capital-resource economies
In this note, we investigate how the depreciation of a manufactured stock and the related accumulation of a waste stock can alter the optimal path of the capital-resource economy. It is shown that the optimal consumption path is aected by how the disuse pattern of the manufactured stock in question is distributed, specifically with forward-looking terms.
|Date of creation:||22 Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Eichner & Marco Runkel, 2005. "Efficient Policies for Green Design in a Vintage Durable Good Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(3), pages 259-278, 03.
- Kleijn, Rene & Huele, Ruben & van der Voet, Ester, 2000. "Dynamic substance flow analysis: the delaying mechanism of stocks, with the case of PVC in Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 241-254, February.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, E, 1976. "Optimal Control with Integral State Equations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 469-73, October.
- Simone Valente, 2005.
"Sustainable Development, Renewable Resources and Technological Progress,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 115-125, January.
- Simone Valente, 2004. "Sustainable Development: Renewable Resources and Technological Progress," CEIS Research Paper 54, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2008. "Welfare equivalent NNP and habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 84-88, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23786. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.