Capital depreciation and waste accumulation in capital-resource economies
In this note, we investigate how the depreciation of a manufactured stock and the related accumulation of a waste stock can alter the optimal path of the capital-resource economy. It is shown that the optimal consumption path is aected by how the disuse pattern of the manufactured stock in question is distributed, specifically with forward-looking terms.
|Date of creation:||22 Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleijn, Rene & Huele, Ruben & van der Voet, Ester, 2000. "Dynamic substance flow analysis: the delaying mechanism of stocks, with the case of PVC in Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 241-254, February.
- Simone Valente, 2004.
"Sustainable Development: Renewable Resources and Technological Progress,"
CEIS Research Paper
54, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Simone Valente, 2005. "Sustainable Development, Renewable Resources and Technological Progress," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 115-125, January.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2008. "Welfare equivalent NNP and habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 84-88, January.
- M. I. Kamien & E. Muller, 1976. "Optimal Control with Integral State Equations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 469-473.
- repec:oup:restud:v:43:y:1976:i:3:p:469-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Eichner & Marco Runkel, 2005. "Efficient Policies for Green Design in a Vintage Durable Good Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(3), pages 259-278, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23786. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.