A closed form solution to Stollery's global warming problem with temperature in utility
Stollery (1998) studied a polluting oil extracting economy governed by the constant utility criterion. The pollution caused the growth of temperature, negatively affecting production and utility. Stollery provided a closed form solution for the case with the Cobb-Douglas production function and temperature affecting only production. This paper offers a closed form solution to a non-trivial example of this economy with utility affected by temperature.
|Date of creation:||29 Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John C. V. Pezzey, 2002.
"Exact Measures of Income in a Hyperbolic Economy,"
Economics and Environment Network Working Papers
0203, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-74, December.
- John Hartwick, 1976. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," Working Papers 220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- d'Autume, Antoine & Schubert, Katheline, 2008.
"Hartwick's rule and maximin paths when the exhaustible resource has an amenity value,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 260-274, November.
- Antoine D'Autume & Katheline Schubert, 2008. "Hartwick's rule and maximin paths when the exhaustible resource has an amenity value," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00275765, HAL.
- Antoine d'Autume & Katheline Schubert, 2008. "Hartwick's rule and maximin paths when the exhaustible resource has an amenity value," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne v08031, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Geir B. Asheim, 2005. "Intergenerational Ethics under Resource Constraints," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 141(III), pages 313-330, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521337465 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Stollery, 1998. "Constant Utility Paths and Irreversible Global Warming," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 730-742, August.
- Kirk Hamilton & Cees Withagen, 2007. "Savings growth and the path of utility," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 703-713, May.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521331586 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.