Trade Policy Developments in Tanzania: The Challenge of Global and Regional Integration
Over the past two decades, Tanzania has embarked on a marked liberalization of its trade regime. The Government wants this reform process to continue and sees international integration at the global and regional level as a means to achieve higher economic efficiency, productivity and international competitiveness. This study reviews the trade policy situation in Tanzania and identifies a number of key issues and challenges for the country. In particular, the analysis describes the state of domestic trade policy, examines regional integration efforts, and identifies priorities for the attention of policy makers and international donors.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucio Castro, 2005. "Regional Trade Integration in East Africa: Trade and Revenue Impacts of the Planned East African Community Customs Union," International Trade 0509005, EconWPA.
- Lawrence E. Hinkle & Maurice Schiff, 2004. "Economic Partnership Agreements Between Sub-Saharan Africa and the EU: A Development Perspective," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(9), pages 1321-1333, 09.
- Jeffrey D. Lewis & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2003.
"Free Trade Agreements and the SADC Economies,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(2), pages 156-206, June.
- Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2001. "Free trade agreements and the SADC economies," TMD discussion papers 80, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Busse, Matthias & Shams, Rasul, 2003. "Trade Effects of the East African Community: Do We Need a Transitional Fund?," HWWA Discussion Papers 240, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Schiff, Maurice & Winters, L Alan, 1998. "Regional Integration as Diplomacy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 271-295, May.
- Schiff, Maurice & Winters, L. Alan, 1997. "Regional Integration as Diplomacy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schiff, Maurice & Winters, L. Alan, 1997. "Regional integration as diplomacy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1801, The World Bank.
- John Baffes, 2004. "Tanzania's Cotton Sector: Reforms, Constraints and Challenges," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22(1), pages 75-96, 01.
- Padamja Khandelwal, 2004. "Comesa and Sadc; Prospects and Challenges for Regional Trade Integration," IMF Working Papers 04/227, International Monetary Fund.
- Sophie Chauvin & Guillaume Gaulier, 2002. "Regional Trade Integration in Southern Africa," Working Papers 2002-12, CEPII research center.
- John Baffes, 2005. "Tanzania's coffee sector: constraints and challenges," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 21-43.
- Maurice Schiff & L. Alan Winters, 2003. "Regional Integration and Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15172, June.
- Government of the United Republic of Tanzania & World Bank, 2002. "Tanzania at the Turn of the Century : Background Papers and Statistics," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14054, June.
- de la Rocha, Manuel, 2003. "The Cotonou Agreement and its implications for the regional trade agenda in eastern and southern Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3090, The World Bank.
- Piermartini, Roberta, 2004. "The role of export taxes in the field of primary commodities," WTO Discussion Papers 4, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.