Return Attribution Analysis of the UK Insurance Portfolios
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- G. Christodoulakis & E. Mamatzakis, 2010. "Return attribution analysis of the UK insurance portfolios," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 405-420, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cummins, J. David & Danzon, Patricia M., 1997. "Price, Financial Quality, and Capital Flows in Insurance Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 3-38, January.
- Soosung Hwang & Stephen E. Satchell, 2007.
"The disappearance of style in the US equity market,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 597-613.
- Stephen Satchell & Soosung Hwang, 1999. "The Disappearance of Style in the US Equity Market," Working Papers wp99-18, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Tae-Hwan Kim, 2005.
"Asymptotic and Bayesian Confidence Intervals for Sharpe-Style Weights,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(3), pages 315-343.
- Kim, Tae-Hwan & White, Halbert & Stone, Douglas, 2000. "Asymptotic and Bayesian Confidence Intervals for Sharpe Style Weights," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt5h98h28m, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Hall, Anthony D. & Hwang, Soosung & Satchell, Stephen E., 2002.
"Using Bayesian variable selection methods to choose style factors in global stock return models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2301-2325.
- Stephen Satchell & Soosung Hwang & Anthony Hall, 1999. "Using Bayesian Variable Selection Methods to Choose Style Factors in Global Stock Return Models," Working Papers wp99-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Anthony D. Hall & Soosung Hwang & Steve Satchell, 2000. "Using Bayesian Variable Selection Methods to Choose Style Factors in Global Stock Return Models," Research Paper Series 31, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Anthony Hall & Soosung Hwang & Stephen E. Satchell, 2000. "Using Bayesian Variable Selection Methods to Choose Style Factors in Global Stock Return Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1213, Econometric Society.
- Geweke, John, 1986. "Exact Inference in the Inequality Constrained Normal Linear Regression Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(2), pages 127-141, April.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Winter Ralph A., 1994. "The Dynamics of Competitive Insurance Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 379-415, September.
- Emmanouel Mamatzakis & Christos Staikouras, 2006. "A micro-econometric model of the UK property-liability insurance industry," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 257-260, July.
- Richard D. Phillips & J. David Cummins & Franklin Allen, 1996. "Financial Pricing of Insurance in the Multiple Line Insurance Company," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-09, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- J. David Cummins, 2000. "Allocation of Capital in the Insurance Industry," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 3(1), pages 7-27, March.
- Harrington, Scott E & Danzon, Patricia M, 1994. "Price Cutting in Liability Insurance Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(4), pages 511-538, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Liu, Liuling & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2015. "Regulations, profitability, and risk-adjusted returns of European insurers: An empirical investigation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 55-77.
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance Premiums; Monte Carlo Integration; Non-Negativity Constraints; Return Attribution; Sharpe Style Analysis;
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2010-05-15 (Econometrics)
- NEP-IAS-2010-05-15 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .