The influence of taxation on energy products price and consequences on the global economy
The dynamic of energy prices influences the entire economic activity, both at macro and micro level. Unlike other economic goods price determination, based specially on offer-demand relationship, the energy price determination is strongly influenced by the taxation policy and political factor, mostly in the case of oil and gas prices. The aim of the paper is to present, using a descriptive approach, the level and the influence of fiscal policy on energy prices, the energy tax harmonization attempt and the consequences at macro and micro economy of the tax weight in the energy final price.
|Date of creation:||15 Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:||10 Dec 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert H. Rasche & John A. Tatom, 1977. "Energy resources and potential GNP," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 10-24.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2004. "Energy Taxes as a Signaling Device: An Empirical Analysis of Consumer Preferences," Umeå Economic Studies 646, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2007. "Energy taxes as a signaling device: An empirical analysis of consumer preferences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Michael Kohlhaas & Katja Schumacher & Jochen Diekmann & Dieter Schumacher & Martin Cames, 2004.
"Economic, Environmental and International Trade Effects of the EU Directive on Energy Tax Harmonization,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
462, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael KOHLHAAS & Martin CAMES & Jochen DIEKMANN & Dieter SCHUMACHER & Katja SCHUMACHER, . "Economic, Environmental and International Trade Effects of the EU Directive on Energy Tax Harmonization," EcoMod2004 330600079, EcoMod.
- Goulder Lawrence H., 1995. "Effects of Carbon Taxes in an Economy with Prior Tax Distortions: An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 271-297, November.
- Knut Anton Mork & Oystein Olsen & Hans Terje Mysen, 1994. "Macroeconomic Responses to Oil Price Increases and Decreases in Seven OECD Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 19-36.
- Rasche, Robert H. & Tatom, John A., 1981. "Energy price shocks, aggregate supply and monetary policy: The theory and the international evidence," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 9-93, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.