Purification, Saturation and the Exact Law of Large Numbers
Purification results are important in game theory and statistical decision theory. The purpose of this paper is to prove a general purification theorem that generalizes many authors' results. The key idea of our proof is to make use of the exact law of large numbers. As an application, we show that every mixed strategy in games with finite players, general action spaces, and diffused, conditionally independent incomplete information has many strong purifications.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sun, Yeneng, 1998. "A theory of hyperfinite processes: the complete removal of individual uncertainty via exact LLN1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 419-503, May.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2009. "Existence of Nash equilibria in large games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 168-184, January.
- Konrad Podczeck, 2009. "On purification of measure-valued maps," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 399-418, February.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 2008. "On the convexity and compactness of the integral of a Banach space valued correspondence," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 836-852, July.
- Sun, Yeneng, 2006. "The exact law of large numbers via Fubini extension and characterization of insurable risks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 31-69, January.
- Konrad Podczeck, 2010. "On existence of rich Fubini extensions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-22, October.
- Nicholas Yannelis, 2009. "Debreu’s social equilibrium theorem with asymmetric information and a continuum of agents," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 419-432, February.
- Khan, M. Ali & Rath, Kali P., 2009. "On games with incomplete information and the Dvoretsky-Wald-Wolfowitz theorem with countable partitions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(12), pages 830-837, December.
- Rath, Kali P, 1992. "A Direct Proof of the Existence of Pure Strategy Equilibria in Games with a Continuum of Players," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 427-33, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.