Economic growth and currency crisis: A real exchange rate entropic approach
We propose a country classification of economic growth currency crisis consequences based on the entropic analysis of the real exchange rate. We show that this ranking is highly correlated with the annual minimum rate of growth, a proxy used to quantify real currency crisis effects.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rigobon, Roberto, 2003. "On the measurement of the international propagation of shocks: is the transmission stable?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 261-283, December.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart & Carlos A. Végh, 2003.
"The Unholy Trinity of Financial Contagion,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 51-74, Fall.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Vegh, Carlos, 2002. "Two Hundred Years of Contagion," MPRA Paper 13229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen Reinhart & Carlos A. Vegh, 2003. "The Unholy Trinity of Financial Contagion," NBER Working Papers 10061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Vegh, Carlos, 2003. "The unholy trinity of financial contagion," MPRA Paper 13878, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul d Abiad, 2003. "Early Warning Systems; A Survey and a Regime-Switching Approach," IMF Working Papers 03/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Chou, Win Lin & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2001. "Are currency devaluations effective? A panel unit root test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 19-25, July.
- Dimitris Christopoulos, 2004. "Currency devaluation and output growth: new evidence from panel data analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(13), pages 809-813.
- J. Pérez, 2005. "Empirical identification of currency crises: differences and similarities between indicators," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 41-46, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.