Strategic and moral motivation for corporate social responsibility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gachter & Georg Kirchsteiger, 1997.
"Reciprocity as a Contract Enforcement Device: Experimental Evidence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 833-860, July.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Ernst Fehr & Simon Gächter, 1997. "Reciprocity as a contract enforcement device: experimental evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5911, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Graafland, J.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Smid, H., 2004.
"Benchmarking of corporate social responsibility : Methodological problems and robustness,"
Other publications TiSEM
730f0e78-0c51-4c83-bbab-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Graafland, J.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Smid, H., 2004. "Benchmarking of corporate social responsibility: Methodological problems and robustness," MPRA Paper 20771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samuel Bowles, 1998. "Endogenous Preferences: The Cultural Consequences of Markets and Other Economic Institutions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 75-111, March.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 1997. "The Use of Quality and Reputation Indicators by Consumers: The Case of Bordeaux Wine," MPRA Paper 9283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graafland, J.J., 2002. "Modelling the trade-off between profits and principles," MPRA Paper 20752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Treviño, Linda Klebe & Butterfield, Kenneth D. & McCabe, Donald L., 1998. "The Ethical Context in Organizations: Influences on Employee Attitudes and Behaviors," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 447-476, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baskaran, Venkatesan & Nachiappan, Subramanian & Rahman, Shams, 2012. "Indian textile suppliers' sustainability evaluation using the grey approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 647-658.
- Fernando, Mario & Almeida, Shamika, 2012. "The organizational virtuousness of strategic corporate social responsibility: A case study of the Sri Lankan family-owned enterprise MAS Holdings," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 564-576.
- Peter Chemwile & Gregory Namusonge & Mike Iravo, 2016. "Relationship between Strategic Environmental Relations Practice and Organizational Performance of Companies Listed in Nairobi Securities Exchange," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6(10), pages 339-355, October.
- Sasan Ghasemi & Mehran Nejati, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility: opportunities, drivers and barries," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, VSP Ostrava, a. s., vol. 1(1), pages 33-37, December.
- Esben Pedersen & Wencke Gwozdz, 2014. "From Resistance to Opportunity-Seeking: Strategic Responses to Institutional Pressures for Corporate Social Responsibility in the Nordic Fashion Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 245-264, January.
- Corrie Mazereeuw-van der Duijn Schouten & Johan Graafland & Muel Kaptein, 2014. "Religiosity, CSR Attitudes, and CSR Behavior: An Empirical Study of Executives’ Religiosity and CSR," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 437-459, September.
- van der Ven Hamish, 2014. "Socializing the C-suite: why some big-box retailers are “greener” than others," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 31-63, April.
- Graafland, J.J. & Kaptein, M. & Mazereeuw V/d Duijn Schouten, C., 2010. "Motives of Socially Responsible Business Conduct," Discussion Paper 2010-74, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Florian Wettstein & Dorothea Baur, 2016. "“Why Should We Care about Marriage Equality?”: Political Advocacy as a Part of Corporate Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 199-213, October.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2828-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2938-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Supriti Mishra & Damodar Suar, 2010. "Does Corporate Social Responsibility Influence Firm Performance of Indian Companies?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 571-601, September.
- Johan Graafland & Corrie Mazereeuw-Van der Duijn Schouten, 2012. "Motives for Corporate Social Responsibility," De Economist, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 377-396, December.
- Enrique Alcañiz & Ruben Cáceres & Rafael Pérez, 2010.
"Alliances Between Brands and Social Causes: The Influence of Company Credibility on Social Responsibility Image,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 96(2), pages 169-186, October.
- R. Chumpitaz & E. Bigné & R. Curras, 2010. "Alliances between brands and social causes : the influence of company credibility on social responsibility image," Post-Print hal-00572834, HAL.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:17:y:2009:i:4:p:204-210 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lorraine Uhlaner & Marta Berent-Braun & Ronald Jeurissen & Gerrit Wit, 2012. "Beyond Size: Predicting Engagement in Environmental Management Practices of Dutch SMEs," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(4), pages 411-429, September.
- Brown Dana L & Vetterlein Antje & Roemer-Mahler Anne, 2010. "Theorizing Transnational Corporations as Social Actors: An Analysis of Corporate Motivations," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-39, April.
- Peggy Brønn & Deborah Vidaver-Cohen, 2009. "Corporate Motives for Social Initiative: Legitimacy, Sustainability, or the Bottom Line?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 91-109, April.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:145:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2857-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seitz, Claudio S. & Beuttenmüller, Oliver & Terzidis, Orestis, 2015. "Organizational adoption behavior of CO2-saving power train technologies: An empirical study on the German heavy-duty vehicles market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 247-262.
- Jha, Anand & Cox, James, 2015. "Corporate social responsibility and social capital," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 252-270.
- Luca Stanca & Luigino Bruni & Marco Mantovani, 2011.
"The effect of motivations on social indirect reciprocity: an experimental analysis,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(17), pages 1709-1711.
- Luca Stanca & Luigino Bruni & Marco Mantovani, 2009. "The Effect of Motivations on Social Indirect Reciprocity: an Experimental Analysis," Working Papers 169, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2009.
- Stephanie Jones & Taghreed Badawoud & Mohammad Reza, 2012. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Transparency, Ethics and Governance in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 2012/09, Maastricht School of Management.
- Busaya Virakul & Kalayanee Koonmee & Gary N. McLean, 2009. "CSR activities in award-winning Thai companies," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 178-199, June.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:17:y:2009:i:2:p:92-98 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .