Crony Capitalism: Caricature or Category?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicole Woolsey Biggart & Richard P. Castanias, 2001. "Collateralized Social Relations: The Social in Economic Calculation," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 471-500, April.
- Berglof, Erik & Claessens, Stijn, 2004. "Enforcement and Corporate Governance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3409, The World Bank.
- Jayati Ghosh, 2005. "The Economic and Social Effects of Financial Liberalization: A Primer for Developing Countries," Working Papers 4, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Chad Leechor, 1999. "Reviving the Market for Corporate Control," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11463, The World Bank.
- Michael Piore, 2002. "Economics and Sociology," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 53(2), pages 291-300.
- Carney, Richard, 2007. "Deducing Varieties of Capitalism," MPRA Paper 5145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ben Fine & Costas Lapavitsas, 2004. "Social Capital And Capitalist Economies," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 2(1), pages 17-34.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Which Capitalism? Lessons Form The East Asian Crisis,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(3), pages 40-48.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998. "Which Capitalism? Lessons from the East Asian Crisis," CRSP working papers 486, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein, 2005. "The Theory of the Firm and Its Critics A Stocktaking and Assessment," DRUID Working Papers 05-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- repec:aea:jeclit:v:43:y:2005:i:3:p:655-720 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12319 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2001. "Financial Systems, Industrial Structure, and Growth," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 467-482.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-50, July.
- Ajit Singh & Jack Glen & Ann Zammit & Rafael De-Hoyos & Alaka Singh & Bruce Weisse, 2005.
"Shareholder Value Maximisation, Stock Market and New Technology: Should the US Corporate Model be the Universal Standard?,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 419-437.
- Ajit Singh & Jack Glen & Ann Zammitt & Rafael De Hoyos & Alaka Singh & Bruce Weisse, 2005. "Shareholder value maximisation, stock market and new technology: should the US corporate model be the universal standard," Working Papers wp315, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Piore, 2002. "Economics and Sociology," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 53(2), pages 291-300.
- John Shuhe Li, 2003. "Relation-based versus Rule-based Governance: an Explanation of the East Asian Miracle and Asian Crisis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 651-673, September.
- Clifford G. Holderness & Randall S. Kroszner & Dennis P. Sheehan, 1998. "Were the Good Old Days That Good? Changes in Managerial Stock Ownership Since the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 6550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Becht & J. Bradford DeLong, 2005. "Why Has There Been So Little Block Holding in America?," NBER Chapters,in: A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers, pages 613-666 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mazumdar, Surajit, 2008. "Crony Capitalism and India: Before and After Liberalization," MPRA Paper 19627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40888-017-0061-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscrony capitalism; business-state relations; corporate finance; state intervention;
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.