Explaining persistent cycles in a short-run context: firms’ propensity to invest and omnipotent shareholders
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- SÃ©bastien Charles, 2010. "Explaining persistent cycles in a short-run context: firms' propensity to invest and omnipotent shareholders," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 409-426, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Semmler, Willi, 1987. "A macroeconomic limit cycle with financial perturbations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 469-495, September.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-393, December.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Antonio Meirelles & Gilberto Lima, 2006.
"Debt, financial fragility, and economic growth: a Post Keynesian macromodel,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 93-115.
- Antonio J. A. Meirelles & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2004. "Debt, Financial Fragility And Economic Growth: A Post-Keynesian Macromodel," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 094, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Grasman, Johan & Wentzel, Jolanda J., 1994. "Co-existence of a limit cycle and an equilibrium in Kaldor's business cycle model and its consequences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 369-377, August.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Antonio J. A. Meirelles, 2003. "Endogenous Banking Markup, Distributional Conflict and Capacity Utilization," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 366-384, May.
- SÃ©bastien Charles, 2008. "Teaching Minsky's financial instability hypothesis: a manageable suggestion," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 125-138, September.
- James R. Crotty, 1990. "Owner–Manager Conflict and Financial Theories of Investment Instability: A Critical Assessment of Keynes, Tobin, and Minsky," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 519-542, July.
- Gatti, D. Delli & Gallegati, M. & Gardini, L., 1993. "Investment confidence, corporate debt and income fluctuations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 161-187, October.
- Sébastien Charles, 2008. "Corporate debt, variable retention rate and the appearance of financial fragility," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 781-795, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hiroaki Sasaki & Shinya Fujita, 2012.
"The Importance Of The Retention Ratio In A Kaleckian Model With Debt Accumulation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 417-428, July.
- Hiroaki Sasaki & Shinya Fujita, 2010. "The Importance of the Retention Ratio in a Kaleckian Model with Debt Accumulation," Discussion papers e-10-008, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Hiroaki Sasaki, 2016. "Increased Shareholder Power, Income Distribution, and Employment in a Neo-Kaleckian Model with Conflict Inflation," Discussion papers e-16-008, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
More about this item
KeywordsKaleckian model; propensity to invest; fluctuations;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18520. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.