Explaining persistent cycles in a short-run context: firms’ propensity to invest and omnipotent shareholders
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- SÃ©bastien Charles, 2010. "Explaining persistent cycles in a short-run context: firms' propensity to invest and omnipotent shareholders," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 409-426, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Semmler, Willi, 1987. "A macroeconomic limit cycle with financial perturbations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 469-495, September.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-393, December.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Antonio Meirelles & Gilberto Lima, 2006.
"Debt, financial fragility, and economic growth: a Post Keynesian macromodel,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 93-115.
- Antonio J. A. Meirelles & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2004. "Debt, Financial Fragility And Economic Growth: A Post-Keynesian Macromodel," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 094, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Grasman, Johan & Wentzel, Jolanda J., 1994. "Co-existence of a limit cycle and an equilibrium in Kaldor's business cycle model and its consequences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 369-377, August.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Antonio J. A. Meirelles, 2003. "Endogenous Banking Markup, Distributional Conflict and Capacity Utilization," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 366-384, May.
- SÃ©bastien Charles, 2008. "Teaching Minsky's financial instability hypothesis: a manageable suggestion," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 125-138, September.
- James R. Crotty, 1990. "Owner–Manager Conflict and Financial Theories of Investment Instability: A Critical Assessment of Keynes, Tobin, and Minsky," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 519-542, July.
- Gatti, D. Delli & Gallegati, M. & Gardini, L., 1993. "Investment confidence, corporate debt and income fluctuations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 161-187, October.
- Sébastien Charles, 2008. "Corporate debt, variable retention rate and the appearance of financial fragility," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 781-795, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hiroaki Sasaki & Shinya Fujita, 2012.
"The Importance Of The Retention Ratio In A Kaleckian Model With Debt Accumulation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 417-428, July.
- Hiroaki Sasaki & Shinya Fujita, 2010. "The Importance of the Retention Ratio in a Kaleckian Model with Debt Accumulation," Discussion papers e-10-008, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Hiroaki Sasaki, 2016. "Increased Shareholder Power, Income Distribution, and Employment in a Neo-Kaleckian Model with Conflict Inflation," Discussion papers e-16-008, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
More about this item
KeywordsKaleckian model; propensity to invest; fluctuations;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18520. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .