Flughafen- und Zugangsverkehrsmittelwahl in Deutschland - Ein verallgemeinerter Nested Logit-Ansatz
The purpose of this paper is to present an airport and access mode choice model based on discrete choice theory. In particular, a nested logit-model approach is employed and alternatives are based on so-called "airport categories", which were formed from a demand-oriented point of view. For this purpose a cluster technique called Kohonen’s Self Organizing Maps was used. Therefore, the model is applicable to any number of specific airports and combinations of airports and access modes permitting an evaluation of future scenarios not existing today with regard to airports and accessibility. Therefore, this approach is entiteled as “generalized nested logit model”. Market segments are classified regarding destination type and travel purpose. Destination types are divided into domestic, European and intercontinental. With respect to travel purposes private and business trips are distinguished. The market segment of private air travel to European destinations is further subdivided into short stay and holiday trips.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Proceedings of Deutscher Luft- und Raumfahrtkongress 2006 (2006): pp. 529-538|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hensher, David A. & Greene, William H., 2002. "Specification and estimation of the nested logit model: alternative normalisations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Gelhausen, Marc Christopher & Wilken, Dieter, 2006. "Airport and Access Mode Choice : A Generalized Nested Logit Model Approach," MPRA Paper 4311, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Wilken, Dieter & Berster, Peter & Gelhausen, Marc Christopher, 2005. "Airport Choice in Germany - New Empirical Evidence of the German Air Traveller Survey 2003," MPRA Paper 5631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009.
"Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, November.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2003. "Access to and competition between airports: a case study for the San Francisco Bay area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 71-83, January.
- Gelhausen, Marc Christopher, 2006. "Airport and Access Mode Choice in Germany: A Generalized Neural Logit Model Approach," MPRA Paper 4236, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2006.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.